Cab you make special requests in the main dinning room

Hi

My sister is a very plain eater and as this will be her first ever cruise I was wondering if you can request something that is not on the menu and will they accommodate this.I do not mean lobster or any expensive item .Just a plain slice of smoked salmon for starters, no sauces on meat that type of thing.

Travelling on the Navigator of the Seas in Oct .Our first Royal Carribean cruise.

Scotslizzy

The menu at each meal is extensive with steak / chicken / fish alternatives always provided. You can request whatever you need, whether with or with sauce/ gravy; potatoes in just about any style; extra vegetables etc. They will do whatever they can to accommodate her needs.

You can order you meats and fish with no sauce. I do not think they would cook anything special order that is not on the menu that night. She has to rember they are cooking for the masses.

Tell your sister not to worry. The new RCI menus are nothing fancy. The names may sound extravagant, but the food is now on the plain, unseasoned and dry side. :( Salads, plain soups, salmon, steak and chicken are always on the menu.

Having said the above, there are always options to fill the tummy. :) I am usually full after eating some of the wonderful bread, and a salad. Also, if your sister is not pleased with anything, she can request something else.

Give a look at 'kids' menu choices too if having trouble with other nightly menu - but safest is to do 'special dietary' arrangements in advance with cruiseline - I think there's a cutoff deadline to get ahead of. Good Luck

Thanks for your replies.

I know that this will put her mind at ease. Although I think its a shame no try new foods (chilled fruit soups being one of my favourites now ) .As you point out if you dont like it you can always ask for somehting else !;)

I'm a picky and plain eater myself, and have always been able to get food that appeals to me.

For instance, I like salad that's been described as "honeymoon salad" (lettuce alone), and my waiters and assistant waiters have always been wonderful about bringing me iceberg lettuce and their italian dressing.

Please assure your sister that she'll have great dining options whether she stays plain or tries new dishes.

have a great cruise

Archived