Freedom vs oasis ?

I am looking @ a family cruise for July 2010 and am considering FOS instead of OAS due to significant money savings during this current economic melt down. Any insight to FOS for a family with children aged 5-12 would be helpful. Thanks

Airman, the Freedom class ships are perfect for families with children of that age. I leave in two weeks for the Independence and my KIDS chose this ship over all other lines because of the on-board activities for children. Mini golf, rock climbing, ice skating, flow rider, full court basketball, Adventure Ocean, Johnny Rockets and - of course - the H2o Zone, make it perfect for my family. I'd be happy to give you details in a few more weeks!

I wouldn't hesitate to take my family on the Freedom over the Oasis. A great ship is still great, even if a newer one is available.

Your kids, and the adults, will LOVE FOS. I am booked on the Oasis, but I think the Freedom class will probably be my faorite. Honestly, if I had such young kids, I wouldn't feel comfortable going on such a mega ship.

Enjoy!

we have been on Liberty and loved it. There were so many things to do...no zipline or carousel like Oasis has but a great ship. We decided against Oasis for $ reasons as well...we will go on her at some point but not until the prices become more competitive

Airman,

You will 100% enjoy Freedom. I am booked for Oasis but my last cruise was on Freedom with my wife. I can't speak for kids activities - but there seem to be plenty for them to do. I think they might have been more spoiled than the adults! :)

I think Oasis is going to be a one-time only deal for us. It's more curiosity than anything. But we LOVED Freedom. Honestly, it doesn't feel all that big once you're on it. I think you'll be very pleased. Have an awesome time.

LOVED RCCL Freedom!!! Awesome ship for kids and adults.

SO much to see and do. My kids were 10 and 12 and had

a fantastic time. One week was not enough to do it all.

There are kids activity schedules on this board-cruisinmama06

(Michele) has them posted on her signature. You and the kids

will have a blast on this ship. Someday I would like to go again!

. . . Honestly, it doesn't feel all that big once you're on it. I think you'll be very pleased. Have an awesome time.

I have to agree with you. It does not feel that large and if I didn't hear it from the Cruise Director, I would never believe that there were 3600 passengers on board. We very rarely encountered any lines.

Archived