Whale watching excursion

queenoftravel

We will be in Dominica in Feb 2011 on the Summit. Second time there - went with Levi the first time and had a great time. Love this island. Would love to see the whales and dolphins too - we have never been on a whale watch. What kind of whales were there?

I saw the earlier post that Jan-March is a good time. Thinking about Captain Jerry but there is actually very little about the whale watching on his website - it's all about fishing. Some concern about the choppy seasick thing too.

We will be in Dominica in Feb 2011 on the Summit. Second time there - went with Levi the first time and had a great time. Love this island. Would love to see the whales and dolphins too - we have never been on a whale watch. What kind of whales were there?

I saw the earlier post that Jan-March is a good time. Thinking about Captain Jerry but there is actually very little about the whale watching on his website - it's all about fishing. Some concern about the choppy seasick thing too.

We are doing the whale watching with the RCCL which uses the Sting Ray II with Dive Dominica. We originally wanted to go with Island Style but when I came across some photo's of their boat it looked way too small for me. I also worried about the choppy water and the larger boat looked a lot better.

Any idea how many people they take on each excursion? One of the previous posts said the ship tours take up to a 100 people - way too crowded for me. I looked at the website for Dive Dominica though and the boats are the flatter style - but does that make them less apt to rock about in choppy water?

Thanks for answering - just want to have fun, and not get sick.

Archived