Weird Change

Brenda33

We have already done this since we all booked with the same TA and requested late sitting and don't want to have to find out differently once we are on board. Since this couple had such a bad experience with NCL, they are very leerly of getting burned again especially on dinner time. Hopefully, this is just a computer problem and nothing more.

MARAPRINCE

Nothing has changed except the wording on your documents. You were never guaranteed late dining even though your documents said "late". It is only a request. Your request is still in place, just like it was before the wording was changed to "waitlist".

Since you asked for late dining, you will very likely get late dining. It is the less requested of the 2 seatings. Most people like early seating. I would be shocked if you don't get late seating. We have requested late seating on each of our 3 cruises and have gotten it every time.

Just to clarify ~ you say you all booked with the same TA and requested late seating, but did you specifically ask that your dining times be linked? You must do that in order to be assigned to the same table. It won't matter that you made the reservation at the same time if your bookings are not linked. If you already know that, then sorry to mention it again....just trying to save you some grief upon boarding if you don't have your bookings linked.

As someone else noted , there were several threads about this same topic started yesterday. Does anyone not do a search before starting a topic anymore?

That was a bit rude. This board is to get answers. Not everyone knows you can do a search nor do they have to. If you don't like the question, just move on. Why bother to read it then give a hateful, unnecessary answer. Try showing others a little respect.

My cruises for September and November say the same thing. I have no idea why this is but I also know it is no big deal. We usuallly get the dining time we want but have had to change it once or twice to the late dining option. I assume, as others have pointed out, that the "waitlist" is just Carnival's way of saying that nothing is guaranteed--unless they are about to drop the open seating bomb in our laps and just haven't yet. :eek: Personally, I would be tickled pink if they did, but I know others would not.

We have open seating requested for our July 24th cruise on the Pride. It said open seating, now it says 5:45 - 9:00pm Waitlisted. So it's happening with all the assignments I think

That was a bit rude. This board is to get answers. Not everyone knows you can do a search nor do they have to. If you don't like the question, just move on. Why bother to read it then give a hateful, unnecessary answer. Try showing others a little respect.

Do not try to put words in my mouth. My post was not hateful. It was a matter of fact. If YOU cannot deal with it, then maybe you should have skipped my response.

Learn to scroll down the page. The entire first page was filled with these posts.

We have open seating requested for our July 24th cruise on the Pride. It said open seating, now it says 5:45 - 9:00pm Waitlisted. So it's happening with all the assignments I think

I'm open seating & mine says "Unassigned (On Request)". It looks like if they both meant Open Seating both of ours saying the same thing????

Nothing has changed except the wording on your documents. You were never guaranteed late dining even though your documents said "late". It is only a request. Your request is still in place, just like it was before the wording was changed to "waitlist".

Since you asked for late dining, you will very likely get late dining. It is the less requested of the 2 seatings. Most people like early seating. I would be shocked if you don't get late seating. We have requested late seating on each of our 3 cruises and have gotten it every time.

Just to clarify ~ you say you all booked with the same TA and requested late seating, but did you specifically ask that your dining times be linked? You must do that in order to be assigned to the same table. It won't matter that you made the reservation at the same time if your bookings are not linked. If you already know that, then sorry to mention it again....just trying to save you some grief upon boarding if you don't have your bookings linked.

The TA was asked to link the reservations even though the other couple booked under the "guarantee" basis and will not know what cabin they have been assigned until closer to the sail date. He was told that it was possible to link the 2 reservations together re dinner table/time. Let's hope he was told the correct information! Otherwise, we will be visiting the Maitre'd upon boarding to assure that we all end up at the same table, same sitting!

MARAPRINCE

I just booked another cruise this morning and my documents online say the same thing. My son is cruising on Liberty in May and his shows waitlisted also. He called his guy at Carnival and they assured him it's just showing up as waitlisted because he hasn't been given a table or a time yet. I think if the web page changed to "dining requested", then we'd all feel better if we saw the late seating was requested. EVERYONE says waitlisted right now.

Mine has changed also. I think C arnival making a mistake on this new policy. Imagine all the mad people at checkin!

Maybe this is the way the Maitre D's can make six figure incomes...here's how it works, get the dining time you DIDN'T want, go to the dining room, get the Maitre D to change it for you, then you drop a $20 bill in his paw and off you go, you're happy, he is happy, everybody is happy. Nice work if you can get it. ;)

Don't panic, people. The seating time you request is just that.....a request. Even though it used to say "late" or "early" on your documents, it is only what you have requested. You are never guaranteed that time (unless you are a Platinum cruiser). You find out what you actually have been assigned once you check in for your cruise and receive your S&S card.

Then why bother "requesting" an early or late time when they will give you whatever they want to give you, just ignore the dining section on your booking form, take what they give you and be happy about it. You got a 50/50 shot at what you want anyway. Oh yeah and Tip 'em extra for the exceptional service. :)

Archived