Alaska Cruise - Help me Plan

goodml

Looking for some help. My father-inlaw has put me in charge of booking an Alaska cruise for them for next summer because I always have to book everyone's Caribbean cruises. I know big fat nothing about Alaska cruising. Here are my questions:

Is June a good time to go?

Northbound or southbound. Does it matter?

Are there any ports in particular I should be looking for?

He has airmiles to fly into Vancouver. How do I get him back to Vancouver for the flight home if the cruise ends in Alaska? Is there a train or bus trip that anyone knows about that would accomplish this?

Or do people usually fly home from Alaska and how awful is the airfare if you're booking two one way flights?

Thanks in advance for your help.

We took the Northbound trip out of Vancouver, got off in Seward where there is either a bus or a train that takes you into Anchorage and you can fly home from there. The airfare wasn't too bad and I would plan on staying a few extra days, renting a car and taking some day trips out of Anchorage, the scenery is just beautiful and you get to experience a little more of Alaska than just the port towns. We went in Sept. and the weather was wonderful. You need to go to the top of this screen and click on boards, then go to Ports of Call and click on Alaska and read the posts and ask questions. The people that helped me the most were 'Budget Queen' and 'Yukon', they offer great advice. Alaska is absolutely beautiful.

If you are interested in a round trip sailing out of Vancouver we are doing a CC Group Cruise aboard the Serenade 08/07/05. We have stops in Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan. We will also see the Hubbard Glacier and the Misty Fjords. I think the Radiance Class ships have more to offer than the Vision (the Vision does the one way routes), I have been on both and prefer the Radiance Class. If you have any questions we have a group page or you can email me, natesfirewife@yahoo.com .

Misty

Archived