Private Lamanai vs. Carnival's Altun Ha excursion

Bluewake

W are going to be on Carnival Glory in August and are trying to decide between taking the ship's combo Altun Ha & River Wallace Excursion or using Belize Cruise Excursion's Lamanai Exploration Excursion. Has anyone used Belize Cruise Excursions and what was your experience with them? Has anyone been to Lamanai and how does it compare to Altun Ha? Thanks a lot!

Check out this thread...nobody has posted to it in a couple months, but it has a few reviews in it from late 2008 for Belize Cruise Excursions to Lamanai. Some good, some not that great (timing issues). My review from October is in there, hope it helps! If you have any additional questions about this tour please ask!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801982

I can say I did the altun ha/river tour, and thought it was great. I would even consider doing it again. I have done a few reviews on other posts, so I don't want to retype it. Haven't done Lamanai so I can't help you there. But I would love to go there too, I just hate trying to get on an early tender to meet a tour, especially in Belize. That's why I booked through the ship for this port.

Archived