Mickey flying through the air during Pirate party?

akl432

While looking at some online photos of the Pirate party, there were some photos that had Mickey flying through the air (it looked like he was on some type of rope). Is this a scheduled part of the party? Does it normally happen at a certain time? I have never heard anyone mention this, and I don't want to miss it.

Thanks!

While looking at some online photos of the Pirate party, there were some photos that had Mickey flying through the air (it looked like he was on some type of rope). Is this a scheduled part of the party? Does it normally happen at a certain time? I have never heard anyone mention this, and I don't want to miss it.

Thanks!

Yes its part of the party, and I dont want to give away when, but it is worth watching. (He is attacehd to a cable system already rigged on the ship.)

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

I loved watching the video and the others. I'm so excited!

I have a question, though. I have smaller children and was wondering if they would see more if we were on the top deck looking down? It looks like a ton of kids are on their father's shoulders, which makes the other kids not able to see. Just trying to plan our stakeout point. :)

I loved watching the video and the others. I'm so excited!

I have a question, though. I have smaller children and was wondering if they would see more if we were on the top deck looking down? It looks like a ton of kids are on their father's shoulders, which makes the other kids not able to see. Just trying to plan our stakeout point. :)

I would go to deck 10 infront of the aft funnel, Mickey will be overhead but right in line with you,(I plan on taking my family there in August) early and get a seat over there or a seat near the starboard side of the ship(the pool side of the deck). The big screen will televise the show, and its easier to see most of the time.Then all youll have to do is move to the starboard railing to see the fireworks. Or turn around.

Thanks for the info! I wanted to be sure we don't miss Mickey flying :)

Your welcome. Its a dont miss event on the ship.

I agree the view is better above but you just can't get into the spirit of the party being "above" the party. I would recommend being on the floor and having the chance to dance w/the characters. It's all about being a part of the party not just seeing it!

Yes, as others have stated it is a part of the party. If you listen to the "story line" it is Mickey coming to save the day. It use to be very obvious the story when they first started doing it. Captin Hook comes out and tries to capture and kidnap some of the characters and destroy the party. It was a big deal when they first started. Then people stated complaining saying that it was too scary for little kids so they took it down a notch or two. So now you have to listen a little more to catch the story line. Mickey zips down to save the party and says something to the tune of "now lets celebrate with a party in the sky" right before the fireworks display. Very cute.... So look for him after Capt. Hook comes out. If you are standing on Deck 9 looking at the stage/screen; he will be behind and above you. You will not miss it.

As far as where to stake out your place. If you are into watching, then deck 10 is a wonderful place. If you are into wanting to dance with the CM and characters, then deck 9 on top of the Goofy pool is for you. Believe it or not, if you have kids who are a little comfortable a little more than arms distance from the parents, it is very common for the kids to migrate to the fron right in front of the stage. The people open up and let them through all the time. The kids you see on parents shoulders are usually the toddlers, preschoolers the parents do not want to move that far away. We are people who actually do all of the dances with the characters & CM so we are deck 9 center for the entire party. A good test is at the sailaway party. They are very similar, so try both places out then and see where you want to be.... Hope this helps.;)

Thanks!

It happens at 10:30 and he flies from the smoke stack to the stage. The fireworks start immediately afterwards..Great fun!

Archived