What is earliest time to get off the ship

sammyt

It will depend on the time that Customs clears the ship, for one thing. After that, if you do self disembarkation, you can be one of the first to leave, but you must also carry your own luggage.

While you're onboard, you'll be filling out a form that tells Celebrity when your flight leaves, whether you'll have private transportation, etc. They assign departure times based on the info you provide. So- if you have an early flight, you should be able to leave earlier than, say, someone who's driving home from the port at his leisure.

We've done the walk off or self disembarkation many times and it's a great way to get off early and quickly. As stated you must be able to roll or carry off all your bags by yourself but you won't have to find them onshore thus will save that time also.

The ship's personal told us that Celebrity Solstice usually gets cleared at 7:20 AM but it seemed to get cleared a little bit later than that. We did the self disembarkation.

Great, thats what I am looking for is a time. We have to set up transportation to the airport, and want to get their as early as possible, as we are flying standby. What time did you walk off?

Does anyone know the earliest time you can get off the Solstice when it gets back into port?

Do you mean in the Caribbean or in Europe? For Solstice's 10 and 11-night cruises in the eastern Med through the coming summer, there won't be any need to clear customs o/r to Civitavecchia. Her previous port of call will be Naples (in Italy) and the one before that will be Athens in Greece, another 'Schengen Zone' country.

Docking at Civitavecchia is supposed to be at 4am, and I recall that Galaxy (which did similar itineraries the last two summer) always got back there very early. Some passengers were off the ship by 6:30.

Great, thats what I am looking for is a time. We have to set up transportation to the airport, and want to get their as early as possible, as we are flying standby. What time did you walk off?

Do you need to have a ride lined up to the airport from the dock before hand when you arrive, or is there plenty there waiting to take you. For instance, how much is a cab for 2 to the airport, which I hear is very close.

Do you need to have a ride lined up to the airport from the dock before hand when you arrive, or is there plenty there waiting to take you. For instance, how much is a cab for 2 to the airport, which I hear is very close.

There were loads of cabs when we got off the ship last week at about 8:25. We were going to take the rent a car shuttle to the airport because we were picking up a car there, however, it hadn't come and we were concerned with all the other people disembarking so we opted for a cab. I think it cost about $18.00 with tip (my husband paid so I'm not exactly sure of the price) but it was very quick and there was no traffic. We had friends that were getting off at 9:15 and they did the cab thing and were at the airport quickly too.

WARNING WARNING WARNING

While I walk off by 8am 99% of the time....you CAN be held up by customs until 11am. It HAS happened to me, and DOES occur on occasion.

Be sure you don't purchase non-refundable air - or you're taking a gamble.

Having said that, again, I walk off with my bags almost always before 8am. But I don't COUNT on it.

Archived