RCL Ship Time vs Port Time in Puerto Valllarta

whchan

Hi,

I will be boarding the Mariners of the Seas on 5/3 and have been really confused about the ship time/port time matter :confused:. The more I search about that on this forum, the more confused I get :(.

The ship will arrive at PV at 8:00am, most posters said that ship time is one hour ahead and therefore it will be 9:00am local PV time. However, I also read some said ship will adjust to port time and a few even said PV is 2 hours ahead.

Currently, I book a Los Veranos zipline to at 11:00 am and a Krystal message at 3:30, can I make it back on time (I suppose back to the ship first, take a bath and head over to Krystal). Should I better off change the zipline tour to 10:00am to allow more time? This is the reason that the ship time / port time becomes a factor to see if I will be able to switch to the 10:00 tour.

Thank you in advance,

Ken

Hi,

I will be boarding the Mariners of the Seas on 5/3 and have been really confused about the ship time/port time matter :confused:. The more I search about that on this forum, the more confused I get :(.

The ship will arrive at PV at 8:00am, most posters said that ship time is one hour ahead and therefore it will be 9:00am local PV time. However, I also read some said ship will adjust to port time and a few even said PV is 2 hours ahead.

Currently, I book a Los Veranos zipline to at 11:00 am and a Krystal message at 3:30, can I make it back on time (I suppose back to the ship first, take a bath and head over to Krystal). Should I better off change the zipline tour to 10:00am to allow more time? This is the reason that the ship time / port time becomes a factor to see if I will be able to switch to the 10:00 tour.

Thank you in advance,

Ken

It has been my experience, watching ships come and go, that your published itinerary arrival/departure times are local time for whatever port you happen to be at. Ship's time only plays a role when planning your next meal. ;) And yes, you are correct, ship's time should be one hour behind Vallarta Local time. (An 8 AM Vallarta arrival should be 7 AM on the ship's clock.)

Los Veranos will want you at their office 20-30 minutes before the tour start time. Getting everybody checked in and on the bus is like herding cats. Allow 45-50 minutes travel to the excursion site, 90 minutes to do the ziplines, 20-30 minutes to get on the next return bus and 45-50 minutes to return to the office. That's roughly 3 hours 30-45 minutes office-to-office. I've done Los Veranos the last three years.

An 11 AM tour will have you back at their office, on the south side of Vallarta, between 2:30 and 3 PM. This assumes you don't spend very much time at the excursion site waiting for printed pictures or a copy of the video or tequila tasting or doing anything else. You can stay on their shuttle bus for a free ride back to the port but keep in mind that it may stop at a number of hotels between the office and the port.

I think a 3:30 Krystal massage might be a little tight, especially if you plan on going back to the ship to shower first.

Enjoy!

pv actual time will be 1 hour ahead of ship time. Because Mexico Cabo and Mazatlan are always 1 hour behind PV, so the ship will stay on the Cabo and Mazatlan time. It matters not that Cabo and Mazatlan have the same time as socal for a few months. PV is always 1 hour ahead, and will be 1 hour ahead of ship time, no matter what time of year. The ship will not adjust an hour for 1 port for 1 day. No way.

Actually, I am just that strong in my opinion, as it seem like very reasonable logic; and we have cruised the Mex Riviera many MANY times.

The one good thing is that the mexican people do not care so much about time as we do. Krystal will not care if you are late.

Just off Mariner on Sunday. Ship's time is one hour BEHIND PVR time. However, the published time of arrival in the itinerary is LOCAL time. So we docked at 8 am ship's time but that was 9 am PVR time. You have a long day in PVR. The ship does not leave until 6pm Ship's time--7pm local time.

Just off Mariner on Sunday. Ship's time is one hour BEHIND PVR time. However, the published time of arrival in the itinerary is LOCAL time. So we docked at 8 am ship's time but that was 9 am PVR time. You have a long day in PVR. The ship does not leave until 6pm Ship's time--7pm local time.

Thank for all the comments from everyone. My itinerary states that it arrives at 8am. I was not too worry about the departure time since I will be back to the ship long before it departs. Sounds like the itinerary time is the ship time, and PVR time is one hour ahead. Did I interpert that right? ParrotHead mentioned LOCAL and I do not know what it means.

Since the message only availables at 3:30pm, may be I should change the zipline tour to 10:00am (PVR time) instead. Since the ship docks at 9am PVR time, do I have enough time to get off from the ship, walk to the taxi station, and take the cab to "Collage Disco (my pick up place)" and still have 15-20 minutes spare?

Thanks!!

Thank for all the comments from everyone. My itinerary states that it arrives at 8am. I was not too worry about the departure time since I will be back to the ship long before it departs. Sounds like the itinerary time is the ship time, and PVR time is one hour ahead. Did I interpert that right? ParrotHead mentioned LOCAL and I do not know what it means.

Since the message only availables at 3:30pm, may be I should change the zipline tour to 10:00am (PVR time) instead. Since the ship docks at 9am PVR time, do I have enough time to get off from the ship, walk to the taxi station, and take the cab to "Collage Disco (my pick up place)" and still have 15-20 minutes spare?

Thanks!!

Local time means Puerto Vallarta time. So we arrived at 8am ship time which was 9am Puerto Vallarta time.

Thanks!!

ParrotHead, ya can't have it both ways. First you say that the ship arrives at 8 AM ship's time and then you say it leaves at 7 PM local time. The published itinerary has the Mariner arrive at 8 AM and depart at 7 PM. Your port review post says you slept in the day you arrived in Vallarta. Do you know what time the ship tied up at the dock?

Mariner sells the Marigalante Pirate excursion. The pirate ship leaves the cruise port at 9 AM local. Mariner passengers can take this excursion because the ship arrives at 8 AM LOCAL TIME!

whchan, the Collage Disco is a taxi ride AWAY from the Los Veranos office. If you are going to go and get yourself a taxi, why not take it directly to their office. It will certainly involve less time than going to Collage, waiting for a bus to show up and wondering if you get to the office on time.

Whatever :confused:

Archived