Port of Miami and Luggage

CC Help Michell

Since you can print out as many luggage tags as you want, put two tags on each bag in case one falls off. That's what we did.

When you get off at the terminal for your ship, that's the ship your luggage goes to. There aren't two ships at one terminal.

There have been SO many posts here lately about luggage being misdirected, lost, sent to the wrong ship, and so on. (Or maybe it's just me paying more attention, now that we are sailing in less than 2 weeks).

I think we are going to plan on bringing onboard all of our luggage for our cruise on the Dawn, rather than trusting "the system." We've never even thought of such a thing before -- but after looking forward to this cruise for nearly two years, I do NOT want to wind up onboard without our luggage and turn our trip into a farce of "make do" clothing and toiletries.

Anyone have any input that might change my mind about this? I'd rather NOT have to babysit all of our luggage until our cabin's ready, and haul it around the ship -- but (regardless of whether it's the dock workers or NCL's employees) these reports have really become VERY common the last month or so, and it's darned frightening. Alternatively, anyone know a way to help make sure our luggage makes it onto OUR ship, and then into our cabin? Per several reports here, tips to the Port of Miami longshoremen aren't doing it.

Well, I just completed my 64th Carnival cruise....250 overall...and I've never had one piece of luggage ever misdirected...

If you do carry on your luggage, make sure it is within the size requirements. The bags must fit through the scanner. And, remember you usually don't have access to your cabin until around 130PM so you'll be dragging your luggage with you until then.

Archived