The Elation is Back to Cabo!!!

spencercoop

A phone call to Carnival and I was told it would be October, 2010.

Thanks... Interesting that John Heard would say later this year... October 2010 would be later next year...

I have emailed my PVP. It will be fine whatever happens. I'm sure they'll offer something but it will take $50 per person to just change airline tix.

Actually, the Spirit is starting a 4/5 night cruise in October 2010. There is a big question mark on what is actually happening to the Elation at that time. RCI is bringing the Radiance (90,000 tons) to San Diego this September to do 4/5 night runs down to Cabo. Carnival has to compete, so the Spirit is starting this as well October 2010. There are online sites that are listing this. Carnival is not listing yet, and you'll get different answers from different PVP's at Carnival. I'm of the opinion that the Elation is heading to either New Orleans or even Galveston(3rd ship).

David

Carnival: 9 Cruises so far.......

NCL: 2

HAL: 1

Now I won't have to go to RCL for a short Cabo run! I'm booked in August and hope they make the change by then.

" I'm guessing the 4/5 cruises to Cabo over a 2-week period will be a 5day/4day/5day to fill out the 14 days.

If so, it seems the depart days will be Sunday(5day), Friday(4day) and Tuesday(5day).""

This would be awesome as that would make my Sunday departure a 5 day now. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!:p

I emailed my (old) PVP that has this booking and he knows nothing, which is no surprise.:rolleyes:

I can't wait!!

Glad to see the Elation going back to one of our favorite ports, Cabo San Lucas. We really had no interest in doing the 3 or 4 day runs to Catalina & Ensenada.

Keep us "left coasters" happy Carnival and we will reward you with ($$$) loyalty. Elation to Cabo, Spirit to Acapulco, Hawaii, & Alaska, and Splendor to Puerto Vallarta.

Not forgetting Paradise, just no interest in Catalina. I'd rather a 3 or 4 day cruise to nowhere then Catalina. Another idea might be summertime runs up to San Francisco.

EXACTLY my thoughts ! ! :)

Loved the 8-dayer on the SPIRIT out of San Diego to the lower Mexican Riviera.

Looking forward to the SPLENDOR for another Mexican Riviera.

And for "fill-in" the ELATION to Cabo (no interest in 3 & 4 dayers to Catalina and Ensanada)

Carnival keeping us away from RCI. Carnival keeping it cool. You rock ! ! :D

I'm guessing the 4/5 cruises to Cabo over a 2-week period will be a 5day/4day/5day to fill out the 14 days.

If so, it seems the depart days will be Sunday(5day), Friday(4day) and Tuesday(5day).

The 5 and 4 day cruises go 5, 5, 4.

Actually, the Spirit is starting a 4/5 night cruise in October 2010. There is a big question mark on what is actually happening to the Elation at that time. RCI is bringing the Radiance (90,000 tons) to San Diego this September to do 4/5 night runs down to Cabo. Carnival has to compete, so the Spirit is starting this as well October 2010. There are online sites that are listing this. Carnival is not listing yet, and you'll get different answers from different PVP's at Carnival. I'm of the opinion that the Elation is heading to either New Orleans or even Galveston(3rd ship).

David

John said this on his blog that they will be changing this

David

John announced on his blog that the Elation will be going back to Cabo later this year. Go to johnhealdsblog.com and you can see he posted this info there.

They should get a few add-on balconies once she finishes her "Evolutions Of Fun" refit. Hopefully before the end of 2010. The other "Fantasy" class ships have gotten them as they complete the "Evolutions Of Fun" upgrades I believe.

The Sensation is the only Fantasy class ship that has got balconies. She was the 4th to get the Evolutions of Fun.

Just got an email that my Nov. 8th 4 night cruise has been moved, leaving and returning one day later. The Elation will be sailing on rotating 3, 4 and 5 day cruises, effective July 2, 2009.

Now that messes up airfares.

Archived