Blue Lagoon Excursion

thedoc19765

Will DCL allow my younger daughter to participate in the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter excursion? My family consists of myself, husband and four children aged 9, 7, 4 and 20 months. We would love to do this as a family together. On the DCL website the excursion states aged 3years and up. I know there is an Observer Excursion but this will mean my husband will not have a chance to interact with the dolphins.

I have asked Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounters directly and they confirm we can all participate together but I am worried we would not get tickets if we booked through them.

Has anyone been in the same situation or have any suggestions.

This is our first time cruising. Thanks.

If you book directly with the Blue Lagoon then you can follow their guidelines. However, if you are planning on booking a DCL excursion with Blue Lagoon then you need to follow DCL guidelines. If they say your child must be 3 yo, then your child must be 3. They have your child's d.o.b. so you are unable to "fudge" the age.

I would book directly with Blue Lagoon if you really want to do this.

We did it last year when DD was 3 and DH had to hold her the whole time since the water was over her head. Also, not so warm. We are doing it again this year but I am going only as observer as I spend the time taking pictures and don't need to dance with the dolphin again.

Archived