Anybody cruised to Mexico in October?

sjram

I was almost ready to book a cruise to Mexico in October but read something on another website that it is still their rainy season. I was a little confused becasue the weather sites say that temp averages are in the 80s and 90s. Has anyone been in October? What was the weather like? If it was raining was a those short rain storm that come and go or is it like a rain storm that lasts all day? Thank you for any help. I always love the help I get on CC!

Cabo is going to be real HOT plus humid in October. Puerto Vallarta will be the same and you could get rain. When we were there for a week in October a few years ago, we had some rain but not a lot. On an off showers. Never all day. October is the shoulder season in Puerto Vallarta, then business picks back up in November.

Also, about mid November in Cabo (3rd or 4th week to be safe) the heat breaks and it becomes quite nice.

There is also a minor chance of hurricanes that could mess with your port calls. Mostly this is September & October.

the rain is usually on and off, and it is warm, so it is not that bothersome. Just like in most places in north america, October is a changing month. You could get a week with nice pleasant weather and you could get hot weather. We will sometimes go near the end of October to catch the late sunshine before daylight savings kicks in at the departure port of LA or San Diego. I avoid booking at the beginning of October to increase the chanch of more pleasant weather. The odds are a hurricane will not bother you. We once changed course to avoid a farily large one, arrived a few hours late in Cabo, and didn't really feel the ship bouncing around much.

We were in Cabo in later October once and it was warm and a bit more humid. Didn't have any rain. We weren't bothered by the weather at all. Did a wonderful private fishing trip that year, too! Next time we went was mid April and although it was still warm it was not nearly as humid. We're heading back down there next month, too! ;)

We were in Mexico the last week of October in 2007. Perfect weather, not a drop of rain. It was still plenty hot (for some reason Cabo seemed the hottest). But there are plenty of beaches to cool off in. The water was still very warm, too. I wouldn't hesitate to go again in October.

We were in Mexico in October and the weather was great. I have also been in November and it was really nice. My favorite time was in January because the weather was great and we saw tons of whales from the ship.

• 1 month later...

Archived