Bag to store Maclaren Quest for Gate check??

deniuh

Hi everyone!

Has anyone found a sturdy bag to put their stroller in when it is gate checked? I bought one for our cruise last time and it came back in shreds. It was torn and filthy and we had to dump it. We want a sturdy bag so that we can protect the stroller from wear and tear of being tossed around in the cargo area. Thanks in advance for the input that I know I will get.:D

Hi everyone!

Has anyone found a sturdy bag to put their stroller in when it is gate checked? I bought one for our cruise last time and it came back in shreds. It was torn and filthy and we had to dump it. We want a sturdy bag so that we can protect the stroller from wear and tear of being tossed around in the cargo area. Thanks in advance for the input that I know I will get.:D

I honestly don't think any bag or cover can provide any meaningful protection for a checked stroller. Generally, gate-checked strollers should have minimal handling and abuse--we've never had a problem. However even if that doesn't work out, no soft cover will save your stroller. I personally wouldn't waste time or money on a cover.

Generally, gate-checked strollers should have minimal handling and abuse--we've never had a problem. However even if that doesn't work out, no soft cover will save your stroller. I personally wouldn't waste time or money on a cover.

You've been lucky, I think. Each time we've flown without covering the stroller, something has happened...the strollers look like they've been through combat. We've taken to getting the big thick plastic bags that the airlines provide and using that. It at least keeps the grease off, and provides a small barrier of protection.

The Maclaren bag is AMAZING!!!

Unfortunately we have had to stop using it because most of the airport workers are too stupid to realize it's a stroller even though it says stroller on it, and has a picture of a stroller on it, and has a gate check tag with a picture of a stroller on it!!!! We've had it detoured to baggage claim, and even worse not make a flight because they thought it was a misplaced piece of luggage!

The worst part is it's been fine for all of our international travel, just in the US do the workers seem to have NO CLUE what it is.

Really a bummer as now our expensive Maclaren looks like it's been through quite the war after nearly a year of travel.

Archived