Can you help out the newbie?

hipmama71

OK. After reading on this board for 3 days now, I feel like I really know a lot more about our upcoming cruise! I actually have done very little these last few days except read on these boards! I really need to do laundry and go to the grocery store but this has become very addicting! :D

Anyway - I would not have even known to do this, but I read where you guys check your fare prices. So, I checked them this morning and it went down $70.

I did book straight through Carnival and it is paid in full. We are cruising on Fascination on April 13th.

My question is, do I just call up Carnival and ask if they can do anything for me? Like an on board credit or am I just out of luck?

Thanks!!

OK. After reading on this board for 3 days now, I feel like I really know a lot more about our upcoming cruise! I actually have done very little these last few days except read on these boards! I really need to do laundry and go to the grocery store but this has become very addicting! :D

Anyway - I would not have even known to do this, but I read where you guys check your fare prices. So, I checked them this morning and it went down $70.

I did book straight through Carnival and it is paid in full. We are cruising on Fascination on April 13th.

My question is, do I just call up Carnival and ask if they can do anything for me? Like an on board credit or am I just out of luck?

Thanks!!

Unless you booked Early Saver, I believe you are out of luck.

Well, I called Carnival and was told no on board credits or anything like that but that they could move me from the Riviera to the Empress deck, same cabin type. I know it sounds crazy, but, I told them no. 2 reasons, we are traveling with another family and Carnival said they would not be able to move them, as they only had one cabin available. Second, the cabin was in the very front of the ship and I was told with my proneness to motion sickness, I should not book a cabin in the front. Oh well. It was a nice offer anyway. :)

Thank you all for your help!

Well, I called Carnival and was told no on board credits or anything like that but that they could move me from the Riviera to the Empress deck, same cabin type. I know it sounds crazy, but, I told them no. 2 reasons, we are traveling with another family and Carnival said they would not be able to move them, as they only had one cabin available. Second, the cabin was in the very front of the ship and I was told with my proneness to motion sickness, I should not book a cabin in the front. Oh well. It was a nice offer anyway. :)

Not crazy at all....I would have done the same thing. I prefer Riviera deck mid-ship. I like being down low and as close to the middle as possible, for the very reason you stated......less motion means less motion sickness.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Not crazy at all....I would have done the same thing. I prefer Riviera deck mid-ship. I like being down low and as close to the middle as possible, for the very reason you stated......less motion means less motion sickness.

I thing that's a great location too. Very quiet at night, and being on the lowest deck, you tend to get an empty elevator going up.

I thing that's a great location too. Very quiet at night, and being on the lowest deck, you tend to get an empty elevator going up.

Yes, exactly. We have rarely ever had to wait for an elevator while on Riviera deck.....unless there was already a line of people waiting for one on Riviera, which hardly ever happens.

Last cruise, we were only up one deck from Riviera....on Main.....and I was amazed at the number of times we would have to wait for the next elevator because it would stop but already be full from people on Riviera deck! ;)

You are on your way to being one of the well educated cruisers here on CC! You should be proud that you even knew to call and ask, many times I have info that we call our PVP with before he even knows it! This is a great board :)

Sol y Mar

The policy is that once you're paid in full you can't get any price reductions or OBC...

But, it never hurts to ask. Call your PVP and see if he or she can help you out...

:)

Correct me if I am wrong but the policy is not if you are paid in full but if you are in the penalty phase. So if you are paid in full a year in advance you can still get money back. Is this correct?

Correct me if I am wrong but the policy is not if you are paid in full but if you are in the penalty phase. So if you are paid in full a year in advance you can still get money back. Is this correct?

You are correct, but since many people don't pay final payment until they absolutely have to it's almost the same. :D

Don't know if they just changed their policy recently, but we booked last September or October, paid in full at the time of booking to cruise in January of 2009. Our price went down, we called our PVP and was told to send her documentation, which we did and recieved a $125 per person on board credit when we boarded.

Don't know if they just changed their policy recently, but we booked last September or October, paid in full at the time of booking to cruise in January of 2009. Our price went down, we called our PVP and was told to send her documentation, which we did and recieved a $125 per person on board credit when we boarded.

I think the policy changed on December 1, 2008.

Archived