Sky 3/16 mini review, any questions just ask!

Angie8264

Hey Stephanie did you get caught in the heavy down pour? We were getting on the tender boat going back when it started and all the ones that were there to go to the island refused to get off the tender so for a bit it was quite a mess lol but we had a great time! We walked to the lighthouse and back and took some of the other paths also.

yes, we did. We sat on the picnic table under one of the umbrellas hoping it would quit raining, but as you know no such luck until 3 in the afternoon. We had a great time on the island too. I wish it had been a little warmer. But I'm glad we at least got to the island. Most of the reviews I've read, the ship doesnt make it due to the weather. did you go the quest game show the last night? :)

yes, we did. We sat on the picnic table under one of the umbrellas hoping it would quit raining, but as you know no such luck until 3 in the afternoon. We had a great time on the island too. I wish it had been a little warmer. But I'm glad we at least got to the island. Most of the reviews I've read, the ship doesnt make it due to the weather. did you go the quest game show the last night? :)

No we ended up just staying in the room, ordered room service and enjoyed the quiet time on the balcony. How was it? Any of the shows we missed we usually caught on the tv the next day but we left early so we didnt get to catch that one.

Did you guys walk out to the lighthouse?

We are leaving Monday on the Sky and just wanted to thank you for your review and copies of the dailies! I am suppose to be packing bc we leave for Miami tomorrow but you can see I am to busy reading reviews! LOL Anyways, glad you had a great time!

We are leaving Monday on the Sky and just wanted to thank you for your review and copies of the dailies! I am suppose to be packing bc we leave for Miami tomorrow but you can see I am to busy reading reviews! LOL Anyways, glad you had a great time!

You are most welcome and have a fantastic cruise!

Thanks for the review on the Sky. I am taking my nieces and nephew on their first cruise onboard the Sky in August. The two little ones are really excited about the kids club. Our room is on the 7th floor, which is on the same floor as the kids club so they are even more excited about that! How were the pools on the ship?

Thanks for the review on the Sky. I am taking my nieces and nephew on their first cruise onboard the Sky in August. The two little ones are really excited about the kids club. Our room is on the 7th floor, which is on the same floor as the kids club so they are even more excited about that! How were the pools on the ship?

There were 2 main pools and 4 jacuzzis for the adults. They had a jacuzzi and a small pool just for the kiddos.

When we went the jacuzzis stayed pretty full due to the spring breakers but we did mangage to use them a few times.

Plenty of lounge chairs for sunbathers too.

Ok just got back from my first cruise ever and I am very pleased with everything.

We stayed at Laquinta East the night before(free parking while we were gone) They have a free shuttle to the port you just have to sign up when you check in. The shuttle was on time, no hassles there at all.

When we arrived at the port it was an extremely easy process and not a long wait at all. We were on the ship by noon.( We left the hotel at 10am)

We were able to see our room at around 1-130pm.

We were on the Fjord deck 9 room 9232 (balcony room)

The food at all the buffets we both enjoyed very much.( I ate wayyy to much lol)

We went to see Rich Purpora and he was an excellent comedian. We also went to Dazzles nightclub a few nights we both enjoyed the atmosphere.(Wasnt too keen on paying 6.04 for less that a half glass of white wine!:eek:)

Our room steward was Bianca and she was great. left choc mints on the bed 2 nights, choc cookies one night and a towel elephant one night.

First stop was in Nassau and I loved it! Not as tropical as what I had imagined but beautiful on the beach. We took a mini van to the beach for 4.00 per person and the same on the ride back. The driver was hiliarous to say the least, I think we were all wondering if we would even make it to the beach the way he was driving lol)

2nd stop was Great Stirup Cay. We walked to the lighthouse and back, enjoyed the beach and the hammocks. Then of course it came a huge down pour and put a damper on things. But all in all we still had a great time there.:D

I will definately be goin on another cruise with NCL!

Oh another thing we did have to take a taxi back to the hotel the cost for that was 24.90.

Thanks for the info. I am on this cruise next week. I noticed that you had a sea day instead of Grand Bahama Island. Any reason or is this the way it is now. The NCL website still lists Grand Bahama as the first stop.

Thanks again everyone. Anyone have the mojitos? How were they?

We were on the Sky back in August and I indulged in a Mojito which I thoroughly enjoyed. If I recall correctly, they were not even as expensive as some other drinks that were available. Please note, however, that I'm far from an expert on the drink...somehow, living in rural Ohio I just don't seem to get them that often...lol. (All the more reason to find more time to spend in Miami and on cruise ships...woohoo!)

ee

No we ended up just staying in the room, ordered room service and enjoyed the quiet time on the balcony. How was it? Any of the shows we missed we usually caught on the tv the next day but we left early so we didnt get to catch that one.

Did you guys walk out to the lighthouse?

Oh the game show was a hoot! quite the wild time especially with all those spring breakers! no we didnt make it out to the lighthouse, we did do the family scavenger hunt on the island. the kids really enjoyed that and the kids club gave them each a prize for completing it. I just wish it had been warmer and no rain. oh well - another excuse to go back! :D

We're excited about being booked on this cruise for the end of June...

What night was lobster night?

We've been on one other cruise...NCL Sun about 7 years ago. There was a chocolate buffet at midnight on one night of that cruise. Is that something that the Sky does also?

Thanks so much for your review!!!

Archived