Has anyone used the rollaway bed option on the Fantasy Class ships?

tink24

I'm looking for photos or feedback regarding rollaway beds used in the OV cabins. Can you walk in the room when the rollaway is in place? Do they take it out during the day and bring it back at night? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I never used one, but our friends did, the roll away was left in the room at the foot of the lower beds that were pushed together, with a bunk above. the bed seemed a little smaller to me then a normal twin. I dont care for rollaway, that is why we booked an inside when the OV doesnt give us two uppers with 4 people.

We had a roll-away on our Fascination cruise and yes, it WAS smaller than a twin and it wasn't very far from the floor, either. My sister HATED it! In fact, that was in 2005 and she STILL complains about that! :rolleyes: Luckily, it was only a 4-night cruise. I'll try to find a photo and post it for you when I get home tonight. ;)

How do you know if you're going to get a rollaway or a couch that makes into a bed? I've never sailed Carnival and I can't figure out from the deck plans what our room set-up will be. We'll be in Stateroom #R190. Anyone know what the room will be like?

How do you know if you're going to get a rollaway or a couch that makes into a bed? I've never sailed Carnival and I can't figure out from the deck plans what our room set-up will be. We'll be in Stateroom #R190. Anyone know what the room will be like?

What ship are you sailing on? I can look it up for you.

We had a roll-away on our Fascination cruise...I'll try to find a photo and post it for you when I get home tonight. ;)

Okay, I found the photo. My sister (on the floor) is sitting on her "roll-away".

889265487_JillandMominCabinCompressed.jpg.f5bda6561461ac446c11e36382123eda.jpg

On our first cruise with friends, we booked a room with 2 twins, 1 upper, 1 roll-a-way bed. My friend took the roll-a-way and never complained. However, I sat on it several times and it was smaller than a twin and not very comfortable. You CAN ask for an egg-crate to be placed on it so that will help. Never travelled that way again... always asked for 2 upper berths! Talk to your TA and see if she can't change your room. Also, it was VERY HARD to get around it! Had to have the cabin steward put it up each morning.

No rollaway in #R190 on the Elation. Call customer service if you need one. The list is pretty long. Shouldn't be a problem to switch if you do it early enough.

No rollaway in #R190 on the Elation. Call customer service if you need one. The list is pretty long. Shouldn't be a problem to switch if you do it early enough.

Um...I'm a little confused. If they know we have 3 adults in this stateroom, won't we have 3 beds? Do we have to request a 3rd bed????

Maybe my question was unclear. I meant that the staterooms shown on the Carnival website have a couch that makes into a bed, and I am gathering that some do not and that in those cases you get a rollaway bed brought in. I was wondering if there's a way to know whether room R190 has a couch or will have to receive a rollaway.

Most rooms have 2 beds pushed together into 1 in addition to the couch that is a sleeper to - when you arrive ask your cabin stuard to seperate them if necessary. About 14 years ago we were on the Fantasy and I remember sleeping on the Roll Away and I remember there was lots of room and it I had no complaints about how easy it was to sleep on it. To be honest, you are soo tired by the end of each day you can sleep on almost anything!

Um...I'm a little confused. If they know we have 3 adults in this stateroom, won't we have 3 beds? Do we have to request a 3rd bed????

Maybe my question was unclear. I meant that the staterooms shown on the Carnival website have a couch that makes into a bed, and I am gathering that some do not and that in those cases you get a rollaway bed brought in. I was wondering if there's a way to know whether room R190 has a couch or will have to receive a rollaway.

R190 has no couch in the room. The only rooms that have couchs on the Elation are the Cat 11 and 12's. I looked and it says your room has 1 upper. So your room has 2 twins/king and 1 upper. Your room sleeps 3 people.

There is a list of cabins that can have a rollaway bed and yours is not on the list.

If you only have 3 people in your cabin, you will be fine.

I used a rollaway last summer on the Destiny. The sofa wasn't actually a bed, and my 6-foot self didn't fit on it. It was comfortable, but took up a lot of room. It was left open during the whole trip, squeezed in next to the sofa. We had a balcony stateroom, not an ocean view though.

We went with 4 girls last year and had an upper and a trundle. it was just a very low platform that they put what I assume is the rollaway matress on it. My 17 y/o sister slept on it and complained, but she complains about everything. You still get the great bedding and pillows.

It fit under one of the twins for storing during the day. We are going to request the same for our trip this year.

OP-

Keep the twins as twins and you will have room to walk around. The king-size bed leaves no room to move, even under the best of circumstances.

Because the roll away stores under a twin, that only leaves one to store your luggage under. Your steward might or might not store it away.

Yep, this is the Voice of Experience talking.

Tracie, The rooms are coded by colors and symbols: dots, two dots, stars, squares, etc. These are shorthand for what your stateroom has. R190 is purple and has a dot next to the number. In the books you will probably need to get out the magnifying glass to see it. Purple means that it is a 6B. The dot means two lower/one upper. I find the upper berth more comfortable than the lower. Hope this helps.

Archived