Glory in September

gacat93

My husband and I will be taking our 2 girls (ages 14 and 12) on our first cruise on the Glory on Sept. 5th. I think one of my biggest questions at this point is about excursions. When we go on an excursion...say cave tubing or snorkeling or one that includes some time at a beach. What do you do with your stuff? I have read posts which talk about always making sure you have your sail/sign card, passports, ID, money, etc. and I certainly want to take my camera on the excursions, but what happens if the whole family is doing a snorkeling thing or wants to swim at the same time? Do you do it in shifts so someone can always be with your personal belongings? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

My husband and I will be taking our 2 girls (ages 14 and 12) on our first cruise on the Glory on Sept. 5th. I think one of my biggest questions at this point is about excursions. When we go on an excursion...say cave tubing or snorkeling or one that includes some time at a beach. What do you do with your stuff? I have read posts which talk about always making sure you have your sail/sign card, passports, ID, money, etc. and I certainly want to take my camera on the excursions, but what happens if the whole family is doing a snorkeling thing or wants to swim at the same time? Do you do it in shifts so someone can always be with your personal belongings? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

They have safes in the cabins that you lock/unlock with a credit card.. :)

They have safes in the cabins that you lock/unlock with a credit card.. :)

Yes, I had read about that and I understand I can put things in the safe ON the ship, but this is about while being on shore excursions. We obviously need to take things with us such as camera, money, ID, etc. and I am trying to find out what people generally do with those items when on shore and for example, swimming, snorkeling, cave tubing, etc.

Sometimes the Tour operators will let you leave your stuff in the van and at some beaches they have lockers you can rent. We get one of those underwater container things, i really dont know how to explain it.. It has a rope so you can wear it around your neck and it is watertight (supposed to be) so we put our cash, sail and signs id's in a zip lock and put it in that container and take turns wearing/holding it. As far as camera, i normally just take the disposable water ones on shore, if i know i am doing a "wet" excursion.

Hi! I have been on quite a few excursions the last few years and have always left our backpack with all our stuff in it with the tour operators. We have never had one nickel taken. Clothes, camera whatever sometimes even wallers.The operators that you book through the cruise lines are very careful as it is big business for them and they cannot afford complaints. Also we carry a small waterproof case that we hang around our neck to put credit cards and actual cash in. That way it is always with us. They are normally used to carry cigarettes but we do not smoke. It works great!

Yes, I had read about that and I understand I can put things in the safe ON the ship, but this is about while being on shore excursions. We obviously need to take things with us such as camera, money, ID, etc. and I am trying to find out what people generally do with those items when on shore and for example, swimming, snorkeling, cave tubing, etc.

Sorry, my mind is not working today... I think I read your question too quickly and did not think about it, so I assumed you meant storing them somewhere safe in general... sorry

Archived