Concierge Club on the Serenade

On our Serenade cruise a couple of weeks ago, we used the Concierge lounge in the morning for the continental breakfast. In the evening, they opened the Hollywood Odyssey for drinks and snacks. These venues were open for D/D+ and suite guests.

On our Serenade cruise a couple of weeks ago, we used the Concierge lounge in the morning for the continental breakfast. In the evening, they opened the Hollywood Odyssey for drinks and snacks. These venues were open for D/D+ and suite guests.

I just returned from a B2B on Serenade. To help me understand why they move to lounges in the evening, I talked with Ken (Conceirege) and he told me when they have at least 60 D/D+ members on board they use Odyssey. 100 or more D/D+ members are on board they use the Vortex.

Interesting to see the different use of the lounge from week to week. The 1st week not too many used the lounge in the evening (5 - 8:30 pm). The 2nd week we averaged about 20 people each night (constant (5 - 6 was usually the most).

BTW: Ken is very nice, friendly and helpful Conceirge. Also, if he is still there, Alok (Bartender) is a great guy to get to know. He also ran the cigar bar (Odyssey becomes the cigar bar after 9 pm).

And you'll be glad to know the smoke filters do an excellent job of filtering the smoke as you wouldn't know anyone even smoked in there (DW is allergic and even she couldn't tell).

Use the CL in the morning for a nice (quite) continental breakfast.

I just returned from a B2B on Serenade. To help me understand why they move to lounges in the evening, I talked with Ken (Conceirege) and he told me when they have at least 60 D/D+ members on board they use Odyssey. 100 or more D/D+ members are on board they use the Vortex.

Interesting to see the different use of the lounge from week to week. The 1st week not too many used the lounge in the evening (5 - 8:30 pm). The 2nd week we averaged about 20 people each night (constant (5 - 6 was usually the most).

BTW: Ken is very nice, friendly and helpful Conceirge. Also, if he is still there, Alok (Bartender) is a great guy to get to know. He also ran the cigar bar (Odyssey becomes the cigar bar after 9 pm).

And you'll be glad to know the smoke filters do an excellent job of filtering the smoke as you wouldn't know anyone even smoked in there (DW is allergic and even she couldn't tell).

Mike,

I agree 100% with your comments about Ken and Alok. We were on the 3/7 cruise. We're you on that one?

BTW, I think we lucked out by getting the Odyssey. I can't imagine a nice venue on Serenade for evening drinks.

Bob

We did Explorer in Sept 07 to New England and Canada from Port Liberty, nice way to say Bayonne,. Guessing a lot of Diamond and Diamond + on board, we got switched to another lounge a couple of nights, but no major problems.:)

Mike,

I agree 100% with your comments about Ken and Alok. We were on the 3/7 cruise. We're you on that one?

BTW, I think we lucked out by getting the Odyssey. I can't imagine a nice venue on Serenade for evening drinks.

Bob

3/7 was our first week. Actually, my first time on Serenade we were in the Vortex which has a little better view but then again there were a lot more people.

Thanks for the information. My DH likes to smoke a cigar occasionally. Can't wait until 5/2! This benefit for Diamond members is wonderful and would be very upset if RCI ever discontinues it.

3/7 was our first week. Actually, my first time on Serenade we were in the Vortex which has a little better view but then again there were a lot more people.

We were in Odyssey every night except one from about 5:30 to 6, so we probably crossed paths. A few nights we came in after early dinner, before the show. We usually sat at the bar and talked with Alok. I just looked back at our roll call list and I see you listed, so maybe we met? Did you go to the pre-M&M or M&M? Tom (Tesarver) took some excellent photos at the M&M and posted them here.

Bob

Hi Thank You for the update on the concierge club, we will be on April 18th for 14 nights.

Can someone please tell me if there are 2 bartenders still on the Serenade named John and JoAnn,they don't work in the same bars together.

Thank You

We were on a B2B on the Seranade and then the Adventure in January.What a pleasure it was with Kenneth on the Seranade and using the Vortex.Where as on the Adventure we were with DeeDee and she would not open up stairs and we had to use the conceigre lounge on Deck 9.Well if you didnt get there early and get a seat you would have to stand so a lot of Passengers didnt come.

I guess it depends on who the conceigre is.

We were on a B2B on the Seranade and then the Adventure in January.What a pleasure it was with Kenneth on the Seranade and using the Vortex.Where as on the Adventure we were with DeeDee and she would not open up stairs and we had to use the conceigre lounge on Deck 9.Well if you didnt get there early and get a seat you would have to stand so a lot of Passengers didnt come.

I guess it depends on who the conceigre is.

I have dealt with DeDe every time we sailed on AoS (5 times). Not the best conceirge (IMHO).

Archived