Booking on board and transferring to your TA

flagger

Ok I have learned on CC, that I can book a Celebrity cruise while on board our Royal cruise this coming January. My question is at what rate is usually found while on board. Other than shipboard credit, are there any advantages. If I transfer it to my TA, can I get the booking at her Key Account rates (if available) or will I be stuck paying the rates quoted at time of booking?

Help educate me on the process as we are looking to book the Mille out of FLL for Jan 06.

We always do the book on board & transfer to our TA. We've gotten any price drops that occur between booking & final payment. We have one booking now, and I notice that the prices are lower online than we booked for. We're going to change it, just wanted to snag the onboard credit, and the schedule for late 2006 (when we'll use it) isn't out yet, but we were assured that we can do so without penalty (as in losing the OBC).

If you book your Celebrity cruise on board you will receive a "booking number". You can transfer to any TA and get their reduced rate, if any. You can even change the entire cruise to something else and still get your on board credit as long as you keep that same booking number. Any TA can help you with this.

I always book a couple of long cruises while on board to get the maximum $200 credit. Once home I decide on a cruise or cruises I really want to take and transfer the booking number(s). Sometimes what I decide on is a shorter cruise so I lose part of the credit. But if I do take a longer cruise I will get the whole $200.

Do keep in mind that your credit card will be charged for the deposit then and there. Worst thing that can happen is that you don't take a cruise and lose the OBC but you will get your deposit back.

hope this helps.

Archived