Rain in Roatan

scteacher31

I just watched the CNBC special about the NCL Pearl. On the show, it was raining in Roatan and several excursions had to be cancelled. How often does it rain there?

Previous visitors--- how was the weather?

I searched online but couldn't find any info on the likelihood of rain in April (when I'm visiting). Thanks!!

I just watched the CNBC special about the NCL Pearl. On the show, it was raining in Roatan and several excursions had to be cancelled. How often does it rain there?

I searched online but couldn't find any info on the likelihood of rain in April (when I'm visiting). Thanks!!

When we were in Roatan end of May last year, we woke up to sprinkles..we got off the ship and by late morning the weather had cleared. I am sure you will be fine..this was one of our favorite ports!!

Officially Roatan has 2 rainy seasons

1 June-July

2 October to Feb

It sounds like you will be in Roatan about the same time I will. [looking at your countdown]. What cruiseline are you on? We are leaving Apr5th on the Carnival Legend.

We went to Roatan two years ago and the weather was warm and sunny. I think there's always a chance of showers, but I've been lucky on all my cruises. We've never had more than a few passing showers.

We were in Roatan in March 07, it was poring when we started our tour to Tabyana Beach, it looked like a river had run through the resort area but within 30 minutes the sun was out and things dried up very quickly. It was an absolutely beautiful hot day, then when the ship was leaving port it started to raining again. I think the weather can change quickly there, but rain or shine this is one beautiful Island.

We were in Roatan in March 07, it was poring when we started our tour to Tabyana Beach, it looked like a river had run through the resort area but within 30 minutes the sun was out and things dried up very quickly. It was an absolutely beautiful hot day, then when the ship was leaving port it started to raining again. I think the weather can change quickly there, but rain or shine this is one beautiful Island.

Rainy season is over in Roatan. It's HOT and sunny! If you want a more updated weather report for Roatan, try this website www.wunderground.com and type in Roatan Honduras. It's pretty right on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last year I did Roatan in May and it was perfect weather, then when we went back in December (rainy season) it was overcast and very, very windy the whole day, but never rained. I love Tabyana beach and I don't care what the weather is like, we always have a great time!

We were there last week and it rained in the afternoon. No big deal. We were snorkeling when it hit. It was kinda fun being in the water while it was raining. We hung out at a fun restraunt and had a few beers, watched the rain...hey, we were in the tropics, expect rain! It can't ruin your day if you don't let it! oh, we booked with Victor Bodden Tours, no cancelled tours.

Archived