Can we bring soda/bottled water on board?

annabanana86

I would like to bring a few sodas and bottles of water when we board the Gem, as we like to drink soda occasionally but not enough to pay $7/day every day of the cruise. I know NCL's FAQ says you can't bring beverages on board, but I'm not sure if that is referring to alcohol only. Thoughts/experiences? Thanks!

I would like to bring a few sodas and bottles of water when we board the Gem, as we like to drink soda occasionally but not enough to pay $7/day every day of the cruise. I know NCL's FAQ says you can't bring beverages on board, but I'm not sure if that is referring to alcohol only. Thoughts/experiences? Thanks!

We took juices, sodas and an entire case of bottled water onboard in our carry on with no problem. It was in the same suitcase with 2 bottles of Champagne, which I declared. They took us aside for the Champagne and charged us $15/bottle (which was later credited to us---probably because of our wonderful Concierge), but the water, sodas, and juices weren't addressed.

Yes, they're both allowed. You can also put a luggage tag on the cartons themselves and "check" them.

Just so you know, water on the ships is probably more pure than what you're bringing because of their filtering system. Many of us take a refillable water bottle and drink the ships water.

NCL's policy of no beverages in written at their website, and they'll probably tell you the same thing if you call, but it's not upheld at all. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Just so you know, water on the ships is probably more pure than what you're bringing because of their filtering system. Many of us take a refillable water bottle and drink the ships water.

I do plan on bringing water bottles to refill and maybe some Kool-Aid or Crystal Light singles packs. My questions is: Is all of the water onboard drinkable (i.e. out of the tap in the bathroom)? Or do we need to go up to the buffet and get "drinking water"?

Thanks!

I do plan on bringing water bottles to refill and maybe some Kool-Aid or Crystal Light singles packs. My questions is: Is all of the water onboard drinkable (i.e. out of the tap in the bathroom)? Or do we need to go up to the buffet and get "drinking water"?

Thanks!

Yes, it's all drinkable from any tap... I'd rub some soap over the faucet in your bathroom with some hot water.. you know.. just for the germs on the spout itself. And, when you fill your water bottles at the buffet, use a glass first and then transfer the water into your bottle. :)

Archived