Anyone use Moby Dick Tours?

ggriffin

We are leaving on our cruise in about a week, and I tried to register our family on their website which indicated that they would confirm the registration. I also called the number on the website and left a message, all of this several days ago.

Has anyone used them and had any problems trying to get confirmed? I don't want to miss out on the excursion because I waited for them to get back to me. I also didn't want to do the excursion through the cruiseline as I didn't was it to be my family and 300 other people.

Any help is greatly apprecaited!

The Griffins from NC

When I booked last year they responded within a day. You may want to try also emailing them the information (ship, day, # of people) with the email on their website.

We went with them in 2007 and they were very professional and gave lots of good information. We were on a boat with maybe 15-20 people and the kids seemed to have a good time.

We booked with them again in Dec. 2008, but the sand bar was closed that day. They were very helpful with helping us find another place to snorkel.

If all else fails, you can walk up to their tent and book the tour.

We just did the tour with them in Jan. and had a great time. They contacted us the next day I think after I emailed them and we set everything up. Our port got switched when we got in and we were worried about how to contact them to do our excursion but they were waiting when we got off the boat. Had a great day and it was alot of fun. Very well run.

We booked with Captain Marvin in January and had a blast. Very good tour, very helpful and friendly - no pressures. They were great with my kids as well.

Very easy to get to, their office is about 1/2 block away from port.

JMHO, but loved dealing with them, and they responded right away to my emails.

We did Moby Dick's Tour about a year ago and had a blast. Our children loved the experience and some of the stingrays are very large...compared to a tour we went on in Antiqua. The staff was wonderful in the water with us...in fact a large double decker tour boat (cruise ship tour came near ours and some of the people started to wander near our small group because of the personal attention that we were getting. I couldn't help smiling. :D It's also real easy to find the staff when you get off the cruise ship because they were the bright aqua polo shirts. FYI the stingrays will definately brush against you begging for food and that may frighten a smaller child. Our children have had a number of encounters swimming with a variety of critters (manatees, stingrays, dolphins, nurse sharks and tortoises) so they were excited to experience the stingrays in their natural setting...not a lagoonarium situation.

We are leaving on our cruise in about a week, and I tried to register our family on their website which indicated that they would confirm the registration. I also called the number on the website and left a message, all of this several days ago.

Has anyone used them and had any problems trying to get confirmed? I don't want to miss out on the excursion because I waited for them to get back to me. I also didn't want to do the excursion through the cruiseline as I didn't was it to be my family and 300 other people.

The Griffins from NC

l

l

I booked with them a couple weeks ago and they responded, via email, within a couple days. I did have to send them a 2nd email - but immediately heard back from them. We're booked with them for next week.

The Griffins from NC

My dh and I booked with MD about a year ago online. They responded quickly. We loved the tour. We met them at the dock, took a bus ride to the boat. We snorkeled for about and hour and then made our way to the rays on the sandbar. It was awesome. I hightly recommend MD.

The website indicates you see the stingrays first, but reviews I've read said they snorkeled first. If that's the case, isn't stingray city already pretty full of people by the time Moby Dick arrives?

Actually the sandbar was full of boats when we got there, that is why we snorkeled first. It had cleared out some when we got there. The snorkel location and the sandbar are very close to one another.

Archived