will we miss leaving ports

Our departure from ports is listed as 19:00 every night on our summer med cruise on voyager. We are early seating for dinner. Will we miss watching sailing away from ports every night? I didn't really think much about it when booking early seating but I've read lots of people on CC love being on deck or balcony as the ship sails out of port.

If early seating is at 6:30, and sailaway is at 7:00, yes you will miss sailaway unless you are near a window.

Personally, my favorite time in port is the arrival. ;) However, sailing away from the Mediterranean ports was quite different than the afternoon sailaways in the Caribbean - when watching for the late arrivals. :rolleyes: European ports are so picturesque, that I think you will be missing out. Somebody has to have early seating, though. :)

Hi,

When we left Malaga we sailed past Gibraltar which we saw from Portofinos! Sunset from the MDR is lost and SO was disappointed to the extent that he would disappear with this camera during dinner.

My best advice is to change to My Time Dining then you can decide when to eat and whether or not you want to watch sailaway.

Hi,

When we left Malaga we sailed past Gibraltar which we saw from Portofinos! Sunset from the MDR is lost and SO was disappointed to the extent that he would disappear with this camera during dinner.

My best advice is to change to My Time Dining then you can decide when to eat and whether or not you want to watch sailaway.

Duuuuh when I read your post the first time I was thinking how can she see Gibraltar from Portofino it´s way apart:confused:, until I realized you dined in Portofino and not sailed out of the port of Portofino:rolleyes::D

Duuuuh when I read your post the first time I was thinking how can she see Gibraltar from Portofino it´s way apart:confused:, until I realized you dined in Portofino and not sailed out of the port of Portofino:rolleyes::D

Big grin. :D

We love watching sailaway.... we had an aft this year for Panama and our own balcony for sailaway each night was unbelievable.

Thanks for your replies :)

I'll see if MTD is available on the ship, I couldn't find anything to say if it will be on the Voyager this summer, I understand that it's not available on all of the RCI ships.

I could be wrong, but I think that MTD has been rolled out fleetwide by now.

it seems that way, can you or are you willing to switch to late dining?

Yeah we had though about late dining but due to my health issues it would to late for me. I'll look into MTD and maybe see if I can book into some of the other resturants slightly later than early seating time :)

Yeah we had though about late dining but due to my health issues it would to late for me. I'll look into MTD and maybe see if I can book into some of the other resturants slightly later than early seating time :)

Would a late afternoon snack in the Windjammer, or a light meal from Johnny Rockets or Cafe Promenade or the Seaview Cafe (depending on which ship you are sailing) help you make it to the time for second seating? If not, MTD might fit your needs perfectly.:)

Archived