Just Back From Ventura Transatlantic

pkpon

Just got off Ventura yesterday. My first cruise with P&O since 1981. Did Barbados to Southampton and had a great time.

The ship is lovely,disagree with people who say she does not have the wow factor.The only area I did not like was the vast empty area where the photos are displayed. The ship did seem to get a bit more crowded when the weather cooled down and people had to come inside. Food in the dining room was much better than expected but the selections up in the buffet areas were a bit limited and to get a seat you had to eat out of peak times. The service was excellent although we did come across a couple of surly barmen. The Metropolis is a spectacular bar to have a drink especially during a force 8 gale in the Bay Of Biscay. There was plenty to do during the eight sea days and being a quiz lover I was kept very busy.

I would have no problem going on Ventura again but not during the school holidays.

Paul.

Hi,

Glad you got back ok we did, did you get stopped by customs, we were ok but quite a lot of people did.

Dont know where i was in the force 8 gale, it didnt feel like that did the staff say it was force 8.

carol

Hi,

Glad you got back ok we did, did you get stopped by customs, we were ok but quite a lot of people did.

Dont know where i was in the force 8 gale, it didnt feel like that did the staff say it was force 8.

carol

Hi Carol,

Hope you enjoyed the cruise. I did notice there was a lot of activity when we got off the ship.

My mistake, it was the day before the Bay of Biscay.The navigational report on the cabin TV was showing the wind at Force 9 at one time. It was really blowing outside on deck 17. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the ship handled the seas. Although she does shake a bit when you are aft.

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

I sailed on this cruise also, loved it was pleasantly surprised by weather for crossing, and especially happy with how the ship handled the force 8/9, I took photo's of the sea on this day, but felt very little movement, my partner and sister 'dont do boats' and were both fine (although both didnt like the photo's!)

Booked the cruise in april 2007, then read with horror the continuous damning reviews, I am so glad I have an open mind and didnt cancel, all four of us thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely sail on her again,

ursula

Archived