Best Ziplining Tour?

usmale

We are going to be on the Carnival Glory May30th and we were wondering about the safety of Ziplining. What tour operators would you use? I don't like paying the high cost of tours from the ship. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Four of us booked zipline only with Major Tom. We were rushed through the whole experience and done in about 20 minutes. We had been promised numerous times that we would be brought back to the port after zipping, but 3 hours later ( and many excuses and promises) we were still in the jungle. I don't know if there is still the 2 hour time difference between ship and local time, but if there is, spend the extra $$$ and go with the ship's excursion.

Our family went with Nacho and Cynthia and they took care of us the entire time. They were waiting right at the pick up point when we docked and took us straight over to the ziplining area in Belize. The drive to Jaguar Paw resort takes almost an hour, but Cynthia is telling you about the city the entire time. The van was air conditioned which was wonderful because that day, it was almost 100 degrees outside! Once we got there, we went immediatly to the zips. The staff members of Jaguar Paw know Nacho and Cynthia and they treated our group with the upmost respect and got us through quickly. Other tours we saw had anywhere from 20 to 70 people and I felt so sorry for them waiting in line in the heat. Our group had 8 total and it was so nice to have that one on one attention. The zips are fabulous! I wish we could of done it a 2nd time. After we ziped, we got to eat INSIDE the airconditioned Jaguar Paw Resort Cafe and lunch was awesome. We had potato salad, chicken, beans and rice if I remember correctly. It was so yummy. After being out in the heat, eating inside where it was cool felt heavenly. Again, I felt so bad for other organized tours eating outside. I would recommend Nacho and Cynthia 100 times out of 100 when it comes to zip-lining and/or cavetubing. They really know how to give you a good day. Belize was my favorite port. On the way back, Nacho gave us trivia questions the entire time and I swear, we were back in Belize City in less than 5 minutes! Time passed by too fast and it was over too quickly, but I will always take the memories with me. Good Luck!

Two weeks ago we went with Jaguar Paws, who actually own the zip-lining at their resort. They picked us up near the terminal in an air-conditioned van (there were 4 in my party from NCL and another couple from Carnival) and drove the hour up to the resort. We were first in line for the zip-lining while the hoards of other people waited in the 105 degree heat.

My only complaint was that we only did 5 platforms that took 20 minutes - not much for $55. However, we did get the VIP treatment and a wonderful lunch and a tour of the grounds. Our tour guide stayed with us the entire time and drove us back to the ships when we were ready.

Personally, Nacho & Cynthia sound better....

• 1 month later...
Two weeks ago we went with Jaguar Paws, who actually own the zip-lining at their resort. They picked us up near the terminal in an air-conditioned van (there were 4 in my party from NCL and another couple from Carnival) and drove the hour up to the resort. We were first in line for the zip-lining while the hoards of other people waited in the 105 degree heat.

My only complaint was that we only did 5 platforms that took 20 minutes - not much for $55. However, we did get the VIP treatment and a wonderful lunch and a tour of the grounds. Our tour guide stayed with us the entire time and drove us back to the ships when we were ready.

Personally, Nacho & Cynthia sound better....

We just returned from a week cruise that included Belize. I searched the forums and found Nacho and Cynthia recommended so we booked with them. Nacho was ready and waiting for us with a sign with our names on it. It was just my husband and I and we went for the zip line and the Belize Zoo tour. Nacho was very personable and informative on the trip out to Jaguar Paw and we made it there before the ships tours got there. We loved the zip line and appreciated the personal service of our own guide and car without having to deal with the crowds from the ship and having to stand in a long hot line. Afterwards we went to the lodge at Jaguar for a great chicken and rice and bean lunch. We met his wife Cynthia there who was out with a group for the cave tubing. We also met the resident spider monkey and got to pat him. Nacho took us on a tour around the place which is really nice with a butterfly enclosure and several 4 room cabins scattered around in the jungle. Next was the Belize Zoo which Nacho took us through to see all the different animals. We had been there before but it was much nicer with a guide as the paths are a bit convoluted and you might miss something on your own. On the way back to Belize City, Nacho entertained (more like tortured...we were on vacation and our brains weren't working! LOL!) us with trivia.

I highly recommend them as tour guides; we had a great day! Thanks Nacho!!

Linda R.

• 7 months later...

Archived