cruising out of Galveston?? which airport to we fly into???

mommyx2

Hobby (HOU) is the closest, about 45 minutes to an hour away from Galveston. It's served by Southwest, Jetblue, Airtran, Delta, and American.

George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) is about 1.5 to 2 hours away. This is Continental's hub and is served by all the major airlines (except Southwest).

Make sure you consider ground transportation into the cost of your vacation. It is much cheaper to get a shuttle/car from Hobby to Galveston, than it is from Houston (IAH), since IAH is farther away from Galveston. Due to the hurricane there is no drop off in Galveston for a rental car. They may be open by the time you cruise next year, but for now...no. I am paying $266 round trip for the private transportation to take my husband and I to Galveston and back (from IAH.) If I had realized this before, I dont know that I would have chosen this itinerary. RCCL provides a motor coach at $92 per person, round trip. Just something to consider...

Make sure you consider ground transportation into the cost of your vacation. It is much cheaper to get a shuttle/car from Hobby to Galveston, than it is from Houston (IAH), since IAH is farther away from Galveston. Due to the hurricane there is no drop off in Galveston for a rental car. They may be open by the time you cruise next year, but for now...no. I am paying $266 round trip for the private transportation to take my husband and I to Galveston and back (from IAH.) If I had realized this before, I dont know that I would have chosen this itinerary. RCCL provides a motor coach at $92 per person, round trip. Just something to consider...

OMG! Is that what it cost from IAH to Galveston? I own a van and know know how I can pickup some extra cash on the weekend. I need to check into what permits I need. I live in League City, Tx. about 26 miles from the cruise terminal and 48 miles from IAH. Unless there is just some unreal permit fees to pickup people at the airport that is way too much to charge. I wouldn't put it past the city of Houston to have added some unreal fees onto the cost. I know they did that with an extra hotel tax, rental car tax and so on. It's much easier to have out of towner's pay for the new sports stadiums.

Archived