Liberty or Destiny

junebug8

We are thinking of taking an October (first week of Oct.) cruise on one of these ships. Liberty (7-day cruise) goes to SJ, St. Thomas, Grand Turk. Destiny (5-day cruise) goes to Nassau, Grand Turk, and HMC. The price is roughly $200-300 difference between the two for a balcony with the Early Saver. We have been to Nassau twice (Big Red Boat), but never to the Carribean. Weather? Ideas/thoughts? Thanks!

I love the Liberty and am going to be sailing on her for the 2nd time in 21 days!!! :D

I would definitely take the Liberty over the Destiny - 1) newer, larger ship 2) 7 days glorious days vs. 5 days 3) itinerary - new ports for you if you've been to Nassau a few times already.

Liberty hands down! I've sailed on the Destiny when it was a newer ship and it was nice, but much like everything else in the cruise world...the newer the better.

So like everyone else that has already replied, the Liberty is a much nicer, newer ship and you get an additional 2 days and you also go to Half Moon Cay as well on the 7 day....

Jay

Been on each with identical itineraries(our 7 day also included HMC, as well as SJ, St. Thomas and GT, Liberty is the way to call, hands down. Both are great, but Liberty has more to offer and those ports were awesome.:D

I'm so glad to see everyone voting for the Liberty.

Junebug, I booked the Liberty for the same dates earlier this week (Oct3-Oct10). My friend and her husband are also booking and we'll be onboard for their one-year anniversary. If you book, make sure you join us over on our roll call!

Archived