Snorkeling?

JenMcKay

RCCL just changed our port from Grand Cayman to Key West, which we're a bit bummed out about. We'd planned to snorkel in Grand Cayman, but they only offer one snorkeling trip for KW on the ship sponsored excursion list.

Can anyone offer any suggestions of non-ship sponsored snorkeling excursions? I've found several by searching online, but would prefer to use a recommended company by someone who has had a good experience. We're in Key West from 10am-5pm on December 12th.

I would prefer a trip that does not involve being on a small sailboat as I get deathly ill and would prefer not to be since this is our honeymoon!

Thanks for your help.

Jenni :)

• 1 year later...

hi,

went snorkling in grand caymen, did stingray city, it was AWSOME!!!, I think the name of the comapny was capt. bryan, it's a catameran, it was big enough for quite a few people but not like a cattlecar which is what u usually get with the cruise ship excursions, i'm going 2 B snorkling in key west 4 the 1rst time this year so I can't comment on there.

capt bryan trip was about 35.00 pp, they have snorkel equipment if u don't have your own.;) :D

• 3 weeks later...
RCCL just changed our port from Grand Cayman to Key West, which we're a bit bummed out about. We'd planned to snorkel in Grand Cayman, but they only offer one snorkeling trip for KW on the ship sponsored excursion list.

Can anyone offer any suggestions of non-ship sponsored snorkeling excursions? I've found several by searching online, but would prefer to use a recommended company by someone who has had a good experience. We're in Key West from 10am-5pm on December 12th.

I would prefer a trip that does not involve being on a small sailboat as I get deathly ill and would prefer not to be since this is our honeymoon!

Thanks for your help.

Jenni :)

www.ecostar.com

www://furycat.com/key-west/snorkeling.htm

[/url]

www.fla-keys.com/keywest/diving.htm

www.javacatcharters.com/snorkeling.htm

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/floridays/KEYWESTSCHEDULE.HTM

www.keywestsebago.com/snorkeling.php

Also, ginger is being recommended on these webpages, I'm trying it this time as I get VERY SEASICK also, I've found the stuff the ship gives u for free(sea something ) doesn't give u that sleepy feeling.

But I also use those wrist bands with the rubber pressure point thing in them, they may not be beautiful, but they work, I put them on when I hit the port and take them off after I get off the ship, u need 2 where both though 4 them 2 work.

Hope this info helps.

:D :p

• 2 weeks later...

I took the RCC snorkeling tour from KW 2 years ago and it was GREAT!:) The catamaran was large and comfy, the reef was awesome, and the booze one the return trip was included. I am headed there on another cruise this winter and will be taking that excursion again. I recommend using RCCs' snorkeling tour.

Have fun!

Archived