Coral Breeze Stingray snorkel

zeppekitty

I just booked with Coral Breeze for the stingray snorkel adventure. Has anyone done this? Is the water rough? How is Coral Breeze in general? Guess I need some reassurance.

We went through Coral Breeze/Hammerhead for the Stingray Alley snorkel adventure. It was an amazing experience. Our group was not large..less than 20 people, and we had 3 people from Coral Breeze with us the whole time. There were at least 2 people in the water with us at all times. One would stay on the boat to keep watch over our group. We were given water and snorkeling life jackets and instruction while enroute to the snorkeling site.

I am a terrible swimmer and a beginner snorkeler and I felt very comfortable and safe the whole time!! They kept an eye on the slower snorkelers and adjusted the excursion accordingly. Those who could keep up went with someone else, while someone else would stay and herd us slower ones along. We were never very far apart from the main group.

The experience is not to be missed. There are other tour operators in Belize who offer snorkeling experiences for less, but it is true, you get what you pay for. Our friends chose another company for their snorkeling and when we compared notes at the end of the day, we discovered that we did and saw way more stuff than they did, although they did pay about $ 6 p/p less. They didn't get the opportunity to swim with stingrays, which was a highlight of our excursion.

Coral Breeze/Hammerhead is a very professional company. Safety for everyone and concern for the reefs and the environment are their top priorities. They are very aware of ship times and were bang on when it came time for leaving and returning to shore.

Just back from our cruise and we went with Coral Breeze in Belize, a snorkel of a lifetime. We had beginner snorkelers to experience, it was rough but all went well. Swimming with the stringrays was great and we saw an Atlantic Stingray, huge!!! I too indeeded reassurance, but it was one of our best excursions, you will have a great time!!!

We had also booked this tour for next week.We will be on the Carnival Glory, scheduled to be in Belize tuesday,April 7th. Got an e-mail two days ago and since there were only 4 people booked on this tour, it was canceled. We were given the option of the snorkel and manatee watch, so we switched.Disappointing, but understandable. Hope you get enough for your tour.

what kind of price is this tour ,or how can I find it also how far of a ride was it? Did you have a chance for shopping in Belize if so what kind of goods & how were the prices. Did you see any cigars?We have been asked to find some.

Thanks for all your responses. We're down to 4 days til we sail. I'm just about jumping out of my seat....:D:D:D. My last day of work was today.

1.I'm guessing that enough people booked this excursion cause it hasn't been cancelled. Whew! It's the only thing I wanted to do.

2. Google Coral Breeze and you'll find the website. Our cost was $75 pp.

OMG I need to be on my balcony.

Thanks for all your responses. We're down to 4 days til we sail. I'm just about jumping out of my seat....:D:D:D. My last day of work was today.

1.I'm guessing that enough people booked this excursion cause it hasn't been cancelled. Whew! It's the only thing I wanted to do.

2. Google Coral Breeze and you'll find the website. Our cost was $75 pp.

OMG I need to be on my balcony.

4 more days!!! lucky you, we really miss the sun and warm temperature in Belize. We'll have to wait until next year to swim with the rays again:(. BTW just keep an eye out for them morey eels( i think), one was abut 3 feet long that swam up to us, scary!!!! but not close enough for a full mouth shot, oh well next time. I'll post a clip of it later

We will be in Belize in a couple of weeks and are wondering how much was it for the snorkelling tour and did you prebook it?

Thanks

We booked the excursion through their website.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com

They only require a small down deposit and the rest is payable in cash in US dollars or travelers checks at time of arrival.

I've noted this as the tour that I want to do in Belize too. I can't wait and those videos were great.

How far in advance did you book? Should I be worried that they will get too full? I'm not going until New Years and am waiting to see who is all going with me.

I've noted this as the tour that I want to do in Belize too. I can't wait and those videos were great.

How far in advance did you book? Should I be worried that they will get too full? I'm not going until New Years and am waiting to see who is all going with me.

I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. We did not book the tour in advance. We knew what we were after and took a gamble on the availability of operators/space to the reefs that day. Yes we lucked out in getting on this tour with Hammerhead/Coral breeze.

Luv your videos. What did you use to get them? I didn't see an overabundance of fish. I've seen a lot more fish in Mexico, Hawaii and especially Sharm el Sheikh. Or am I missing something?

I'm joining this roll call late, but is there going to be a CC meeting on the ship?

Anyone know about ziplining in Belize?

Luv your videos. What did you use to get them? I didn't see an overabundance of fish. I've seen a lot more fish in Mexico, Hawaii and especially Sharm el Sheikh. Or am I missing something?

I'm joining this roll call late, but is there going to be a CC meeting on the ship?

Anyone know about ziplining in Belize?

We used an Olympus stylus 850sw camera with the setting at 30 fps.

We were about 20 ft behind our group. Our kids said they were surrounded by schools of fish. I guess by the time we caught up, the fish had been spooked by the 15 snorkelers and gone their separate ways. We were not disappointed in what we saw.

Just got back from my cruise today and wanted to say what a great snorkel adventure we had with Coral Breeze \ Hammerhead. The team was professional and safety concious yet young and fun.

They divided us into small groups (there were 30 of us) then paired us off. You kept an eye on your partner. The water and reef were amazing. At one point I was behind the guide and everytime he saw something he pointed it out. Later when we got back on the boat he pulled out a book and showed me the fish we saw. His name was Ivar? and truely loved the reef.

Next we went to the stingray area. They were fed sardines and there were quite a lot of them. Even a huge one. It was so cool to touch them.

This is a highly recommended tour. The only word of caution is the current is pretty strong. It was alot of work going up the one side of the reef but easy coming back. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I totally agree - we did this tour last week and loved it. Coral Breeze was very knowledgeable, professional and a lot of fun. I didn't realize snorkeling was such a work out, but certainly worth the effort. It was amazing to see the fish and coral reef. The stingrays were very intimidating at first, but awesome once I got the nerve to get in the water with them. We will do this tour again if we ever get back to Belize.

We walked over and booked the tour last week. It was very touristy and very fun! What a relaxed, laughing group of guides they had. It was crowded, we had a about 15 people in each group. One guide in front and one in back. The one in front would go down, break up some seaweed, and tell us which fish came swimming up to us. I swim all year and the currents were strong on the way out and pushed you so you skimmed along right on top of coral on the way back. It was fun! There were quite a few kids with us and they didn't seem to mind. I didn't see any "better" fish than anywhere I've been, but it was pretty coral and a good show- got to see my first green moray. My husband strayed a little from the rest of us and got a nice teeth clacking visit from a barracuda. The sting rays were a riot- about 2 dozen swarmed around us. They came up to the boat before we even left the first stop. I take pictures and I finally figured out they thought I was going to feed them with my hands out. The island of Caye Caulker was quaint and kick back. We walked left on the beach after lunch, and didn't really find anything but a residential area. So- no souvenirs, just a great lunch and some Belekin beers. Bring cash, they give change in Belizan dollars. We got back just in time to be the next to last tender to the boat. ( An fyi- I had emailed with the owner of the Tropics Hotel, where we ate lunch, Ramon, who runs Star Tours, earlier, and he had been very prompt and professional. ) The big thing I worried about with 2 bad backs- was how rough the boat ride was going to be- It wasn't at all! :D

IMGP3043.jpg.40adafda2475b964c5f6504eb6fa1d29.jpg

IMGP3061.jpg.9416cb18d96141cf549084ac2c697578.jpg

Archived