What NCL ship is the best?

Since the last four built are Jewel class vessels, I would think any of those four ships would fit the bill, a few are having European cruises. I do not think you could go wrong with either the Jewel, Jade, Pearl, or Gem. They are Panamax sized vessels, not too big or too small, about the size of the Queen Victoria and the new Queen Elizabeth. If I were you, I would pick the one cruising from the UK.

Hi I am from the Uk and want to travel with NCL so what ship would you recomend?

Most of the NCL ships are really similar, so the best way to choose one of their ships is not by the ship per se, but by the itinerary...

Where do you want to go?

There are three main classes you will find for NCL ships :

In the Sun class, you have the Ncl Sky and Ncl Sun. These are nice ships, not as large as the others in NCL's fleet, and the most senior. They vary greatly in their itineraries. The Sky is going exclusively to the Bahamas, and the Sun does Western Caribbean and others ....

In the Star class, you have the Dawn and the Star. They are quite similar, but vary in their locations. The Dawn is located on the east coast, doing trips from either NYC, or Miami. The Star is located on the west coast either from LA or Seattle.

In the Jewel class, you have the Jewel, Gem, Jade, and Pearl, which are all nearly the same design (and also close to the Star class) . They differ mostly in itinerary.

I like the Dawn most of all but only because I've sailed on her 6 times and have had a great cruise each time. 2 more cruises this year coming up. The Gem, Jewel etc are great ships too. Just a matter of preference. Hard to go wrong.

I agree. Pick the itinerary and go from there. I have cruised three ships/categories of ships in the past three years. Although the Sun was my face (loved that aft AC), I also loved the Jewel and Dawn. Bet you'll love NCL too.

Hi I am from the Uk and want to travel with NCL so what ship would you recomend?

Since you live in the UK, I recommend the Jewel that sails from Dover half a year. It'll cruise mostly a Baltic itinerary.

Norwegian Jewel

3-Day Short Break to Amsterdam and Brussels/Brugge (Zeebrugge), Round-trip London (Dover)

2010: April 26

12-Day Baltic Capitals to Copenhagen, Berlin (Warnemuende), Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, and Stockholm, Round-trip London (Dover)

2009: April 28; May 10, 22; June 3, 15, 27; July 9, 21; August 2, 14, 26, September 7.

2010: April 29; May 11, 23; June 4, 16, 28; July 10, 22; August 3, 15, 27.

11-Day Transatlantic, Miami to London

2009: April 17

23-Day Transatlantic & Baltic Capitals, Miami to London

2009: April 17

11-Day Transatlantic, London to New York

2009: September 19

23-Day Baltic Capitals & Transatlantic London to New York

2009: September 7

15-Day Transatlantic, Miami to London

2010: April 11

14-Day Transatlantic, London to New York

2010: September 8

It is difficult to recommend the best because all are great!

Where do you want to go? Do you want to stay in Europe or do you want to see Alaska, the Caribbean, Bermuda, fall foliage?

This will help narrow down our recommendation for ship.

Do you want just a ship experience or are ports-of-call important? Let us know and more will answer!

coka

Another good choice would be the Jade, which still has one season of UK cruises left this year, sailing by Southampton.

3-Day English Channel, Rotterdam to London (Southampton)

2009: May 21

5-Day Irish Escape, London (Southampton) Round-trip

2009: May 24

2-Day City Break, Round-trip London (Southampton)

2009: May 29

13-Day Around the British Isles & Northern Europe, London (Southampton) Round-trip

2009: May 31

12-Day North Cape, North Cape Round-trip London (Southampton)

2009: June 13

3-Day Mini Cruise, Round-trip London (Southampton)

2009: June 25

14-Day Mediterranean, London (Southampton) Round-trip

2009: June 28; July 12, 26; August 9

13-Day Mediterranean Journey, London (Southampton) to Barcelona

2009: August 23

Archived