Join My letter writing campaign to RCI

Very interesting what you quote. I have sailed 4x times with Carnical (#5 will be in May), just completed #2 with Princess in March and sailed 1x on X and going on my 2nd RCCL cruise this month. I have not attained any status and that's OK with me. I pick my cruise based on itinerary, availability on short notice and price. I understand that some people really like the perks that come with frequent cruising just like some of us like with airlines.

Interestingly on my last Princess cruise I heard "die hard" Princess guests stating that the food quality has gone down and that the service is not as good as what it was before and that they were going to try other cruiselines. So it looks like a lot of people are going to check other cruise lines. May be none of the cruiselines will miss any of their loyal cruisers. (just a thought) :rolleyes:.

I agree with you! I have done 15 Royals I never booked Royal cruises to get status and perks I booked them because the family always had excellent cruises onboard Royal ships. I have also cruised other lines. I will continue to cruise on Royal (along with other lines) with or without perks. :rolleyes:

There is no cruiseline out there that will make me book again and again for the perks. None of the perks on any cruiseline are good to begin with anyway.;)

When we started cruising, about 6 years ago, we were not cruising for the perks. A welcome back party was a nice touch, but price, port, # of days and itinery were what counted. We cruised RC, Carnival & Princess. But then as the RC number neared 5 and the balcony discount was combinable with the stock and on board booking, well it only made sense to start sticking with RC. Then Diamond was on the horizon so we went for it, bigger balcony discount and the CL. And now, lets face it, if the other lines have better deals, better prices - we'll book and spend our $$ with them. No reason any longer to be a "Royal Loyal".

I've written my share of letters, gotten the form e-mail back, and answered that several times over.

I'm sorry to leave you RC, But there's too many good deals out there to be loyal any longer.

I also wrote emails thanking them for alleviating the crowding. It takes very little to reach diamond status and a lot to reach diamond plus and there needed to be a higher reward of benefits for reaching diamond plus.

I also wrote an email thanking them for returning the CL to a place for which it was intended and received a nice reply back from Adam Goldstein.

I hope you all try Princess. We were regular cruisers with them before Carnival bought them.

Then they implemented prepaid gratuities!

From that day on, there was a huge decline in service. The family of one of the entertainers on board, was grossly insulted by a waiter at our table. He was reported to the MD - he couldn't care less either. Prepaying gratuities is a disaster on a cruise ship!! Bar one brilliant waiter, they were totally disinterested. So I stopped the prepaid grats and tipped every night cash. The change in attitude was amazing - one waiter looked out for us and dragged us to his table - couldn't do enough for us!!

Within three months they withdrew the free after dinner cappucinos. And the amount of nickel and diming beats RCCL hands down.

The food was about the same. Its all banqueting food - have to go to the speciality restaurants unless you are on a premium line.

The goods in the shops are better than RCCL!!:D They do have Movies Under the Skies - not of interest to us though.

I hope you all try Princess. We were regular cruisers with them before Carnival bought them.

From that day on, there was a huge decline in service. The family of one of the entertainers on board, was grossly insulted by a waiter at our table. He was reported to the MD - he couldn't care less either. Prepaying gratuities is a disaster on a cruise ship!! Bar one brilliant waiter, they were totally disinterested. So I stopped the prepaid grats and tipped every night cash. The change in attitude was amazing - one waiter looked out for us and dragged us to his table - couldn't do enough for us!!

Within three months they withdrew the free after dinner cappucinos. And the amount of nickel and diming beats RCCL hands down.

The food was about the same. Its all banqueting food - have to go to the speciality restaurants unless you are on a premium line.

The goods in the shops are better than RCCL!!:D They do have Movies Under the Skies - not of interest to us though.

Thats good you'll be use to paying $15 for a good steak in the RCI dinning room then !!

jj......

The goods in the shops are better than RCCL!! They do have Movies Under the Skies - not of interest to us though.

We have cruised several times with Princess and will cruise with them again in the future. We never noticed any decline in service after the pre-paid gratuities were implemented. Same excellent service on Princess as it is on RCI. You can always stop the pre-paid gratuities if you so wish.

I agree about the food, it's a push, but Princess has better seafood.

I thought that the specialty restaurants on RCI were much better than Princess. Very disappointed with Sabatini, would not choose to dine there again, whereas I love Portofino.

Maybe you could expand on the nickel and diming, but I feel RCI was definitely ahead in that category.:mad:

The biggest asset, IMO, for RCI was the CL and now for many it is sadly gone.

I also wrote an email thanking them for returning the CL to a place for which it was intended and received a nice reply back from Adam Goldstein.

Exactly, I also wrote about glad to eliminate the over crowding and got a nice thank you back from Adam Goldstein.

Thats good you'll be use to paying $15 for a good steak in the RCI dinning room then !!

jj......

Evening jj - almost time for beddy byes!!

Now why would I pay $15 for a steak when they give me a steak whenever I want one anyway? Obviously, not a prime prime filet from Chops, but a nice steak nevertheless. But the option is there for anyone who wants it. I don't expect gourmet - and I don't get it!!! If I want it, I can pay for it. I don't know why they don't also put lobster on every night for a charge - pax would like that. There is often a supplement in restaurants for certain items, they didn't invent it!!

But..... I do have a weakness for breadsticks and they do give me these at dinner. Sometimes I get pistachio icecream every night. Not on the Brilliance though.:(

Just got my cruise docs - no upgrade - again!! That fairy is just a story - oh well, too bad, so sad!!

We have cruised several times with Princess and will cruise with them again in the future. We never noticed any decline in service after the pre-paid gratuities were implemented. Same excellent service on Princess as it is on RCI. You can always stop the pre-paid gratuities if you so wish.

I agree about the food, it's a push, but Princess has better seafood.

I thought that the specialty restaurants on RCI were much better than Princess. Very disappointed with Sabatini, would not choose to dine there again, whereas I love Portofino.

Maybe you could expand on the nickel and diming, but I feel RCI was definitely ahead in that category.:mad:

The biggest asset, IMO, for RCI was the CL and now for many it is sadly gone.

Can't think of anything except icecream being expensive - but I do remember thinking that it was driving us crazy - all the paper arriving in the cabin, push push. And I seem to remember that the waiters were inviting people to the wine tasting, forgetting to tell them that they had to pay!!

Had you read my post properly, you would have noticed that I did remove the prepaid grats and tipped in cash every evening. So what - I do that on land all the time - no biggie!!

I agree with you! I have done 15 Royals I never booked Royal cruises to get status and perks I booked them because the family always had excellent cruises onboard Royal ships. I have also cruised other lines. I will continue to cruise on Royal (along with other lines) with or without perks. :rolleyes:

There is no cruiseline out there that will make me book again and again for the perks. None of the perks on any cruiseline are good to begin with anyway.;)

I get the feeling that some of the whiners are upset due to the fact that the status for them is more important than a few lousy drinks. I can hear the conversation now. "Come dahling, the concierge lounge is waiting. Buffy, Muffy and Tuffy are waiting for us. Make sure that you hold that nose up and the pinkie high to the air. By the way dahling, say hello to the little people as you walk by.":D :rolleyes:

Had you read my post properly, you would have noticed that I did remove the prepaid grats and tipped in cash every evening.

Yes I noticed that. It also sounded as if you had personal choice dining, similar to MTD on RCI. We were going to have MTD on our cruise in two weeks, but the friends we are travelling with had a bad experience with it, indifferent waiters, so we decided against it.

all the paper arriving in the cabin, push push.

You mean just like all that crap you get on RCI for the Art Auction and Spa Specials.:eek:

Can't think of anything except icecream being expensive

Can't recall ever buying an ice cream, but the sorbet in the dining room was my favourite dessert. The wine prices on Princess were also a lot lower than the outrageous prices charged by RCI.

Yes they will!

Plus they will all start WHINING!

Not here. If it happens, it happens, but I don't see it happening for some time. If they want to push the credit requirement up to 40 or 50 for D+, that would be good. I remember when you could get a seat every night in the CL with no problem and it was a nice experience. The overflow lounges lacked the atmosphere of the CL. So, no whining or squealing here, and definitely no sour grapes.:rolleyes:

I get the feeling that some of the whiners are upset due to the fact that the status for them is more important than a few lousy drinks. I can hear the conversation now. "Come dahling, the concierge lounge is waiting. Buffy, Muffy and Tuffy are waiting for us. Make sure that you hold that nose up and the pinkie high to the air. By the way dahling, say hello to the little people as you walk by.":D :rolleyes:

That is what I'm thinking!! :D:p:cool:

As far as letter writing campaigns, I am proud to say I wrote Mr. Goldstein and told him Thank You for the new changes to Suite Perks as well as the C&A. He promptly replied and told me thank you!

Purchase a suite, cruise the ships that offer you CL or change lines...End of Sentence.

Tsk, tsk tsk...

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet, and keep people guessing, than to open mouth, and remove all doubt.

Why not open the area where they store the smuggled booze and we'll mix our own! Plenty of room in the CL and we get our free happy hour at no cost to RCCI, only the cheaters!

But seriously, a grandfathered plan for Diamonds is the best PR move. I agree they need to leverage costs but maybe start with food waste. If they booked some better shows I think most would pay to see the acts like in Vegas.

I recieved a phone call today from a Nicole who said she "represented Richard Fain" and was calling in response to the letter I mailed him. (see post #40 on this thread for a copy of that letter)

She told me she was asked to call because, "Mr. Fain is taking this very seriously, and the Overwhelming response to their changes by the Diamond members has caused him to want to study the situation more."

The phone call was recorded "for quality and customer service puposes" and I thanked her for doing so because I wanted him to actually hear what I had to say.

I told her that the main complaint was how RCI has "renigged" on the bargain/contract that they asked me join.

"If you cruise with us 10 times (spend $20-30 THOUSAND of your dollars with us) then we will give you access to the C.L." I fullfilled my part of the bargain and now RCI is backing out on paying their part. (also told her it's the same thing with the Stock Purchase for OBC)

I also told her that the Concierge Lounge and service throughout the day was what we enjoyed and appreciated. It's not just the "Free Drinks" - I don't even drink that much and my wife doesn't drink at all.

If RCI is concerned with the "Crowding" of the C.L. then the problem has already been solved. We love the Radiance Class ships, and they have a designated part of the Viking Crown Lounge set aside for "overflow", and this works out great. Why don't they just continue that program????

If RCI is concerned with the cost of the free drinks, then they need to rethink and look at lost bookings costing them a lot more than what they are going to save.

She might have been a "telemarketer" to just make me think they care, or she may have been the "real deal" and maybe Mr. Fain is really going to look at all his "NEW INFORMATION" and make a NEW DECISION.

There is still hope. ;)

Ya know, in all my many cruises on Royal Caribbean I can honestly say I never met a Buffy, Muffy or Tuffy (not even in the CL). And where in the world do people actually talk like that? Maybe in the Nation of Why Not! lol

Oh and just because you keep referring to people who question these latest changes by RCI as "Whiners" (a term I am actually coming to love, it is endearing actually) what exactly does that make you? An RCI Cheerleader? I mean just exactly what do you get out of taunting people who actually are affected by these changes?

I recieved a phone call today from a Nicole who said she "represented Richard Fain" and was calling in response to the letter I mailed him. (see post #40 on this thread for a copy of that letter)

She told me she was asked to call because, "Mr. Fain is taking this very seriously, and the Overwhelming response to their changes by the Diamond members has caused him to want to study the situation more."

The phone call was recorded "for quality and customer service puposes" and I thanked her for doing so because I wanted him to actually hear what I had to say.

I told her that the main complaint was how RCI has "renigged" on the bargain/contract that they asked me join.

"If you cruise with us 10 times (spend $20-30 THOUSAND of your dollars with us) then we will give you access to the C.L." I fullfilled my part of the bargain and now RCI is backing out on paying their part. (also told her it's the same thing with the Stock Purchase for OBC)

I also told her that the Concierge Lounge and service throughout the day was what we enjoyed and appreciated. It's not just the "Free Drinks" - I don't even drink that much and my wife doesn't drink at all.

If RCI is concerned with the "Crowding" of the C.L. then the problem has already been solved. We love the Radiance Class ships, and they have a designated part of the Viking Crown Lounge set aside for "overflow", and this works out great. Why don't they just continue that program????

If RCI is concerned with the cost of the free drinks, then they need to rethink and look at lost bookings costing them a lot more than what they are going to save.

She might have been a "telemarketer" to just make me think they care, or she may have been the "real deal" and maybe Mr. Fain is really going to look at all his "NEW INFORMATION" and make a NEW DECISION.

There is still hope. ;)

Thanks for that post. This could possibly be good news. RCI must be wondering how the heck they got themselves into this mess. Now I am sure after all the cancellations and letters, e-mails and calls they are second guessing their "brilliant" decision to kick us Diamonds in the head. Maybe they will come to their senses and realize they really don't want to lose and PO all those loyal customers. Thank you for sending the letter.

Keep up the good work folks! Our cause is not lost, there seem to be indications from a variety of sources that RCI is back pedaling, reconsidering, looking into, etc, their decision. In the last day or two people are reporting here that they are receiving calls instead of canned e-mail response.

Please, keep up the e-mails, but do consider snail mail and calls. They are VERY effective.

Colleen

Why not open the area where they store the smuggled booze and we'll mix our own! Plenty of room in the CL and we get our free happy hour at no cost to RCCI, only the cheaters!

But seriously, a grandfathered plan for Diamonds is the best PR move. I agree they need to leverage costs but maybe start with food waste. If they booked some better shows I think most would pay to see the acts like in Vegas.

Very funny! Grandfathering is the least they should do. I agree.

Colleen

Archived