Carnival Triumph to Canada??

JessInNY

Hello All,

I am considering a Carnival cruise to Canada in August, or a 5-day to Bermuda in June. I have only cruised on Princess (4x), and only to the Caribbean. Can you give me some info/opinion please:

How would you rate Carnival v. Princess?

Would you choose a 5-day Carnival to Canada in August, or a 5-day cruise to Bermuda on Royal C. in June?

Any great points about Carnival to Canada, 5-day cruise in August?

Is there a deck on the Triumph that has larger balconies than other decks (Princess has one deck that has larger balconies than the rest).

Any and all info/opinions/ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank you!!! Have a nice day.

-Jess:confused:

I am a Carnival person but I would chose any cruise line going anywhere warm before going to Canada (sorry Canada). As far as comparing Princess to Carnival.... it's like comparing a Saab to a Honda. One is more expensive and give you the same options but a little different. Both are nice and get you to where you are going, it just depends on what you like and can afford.

Hello All,

I am considering a Carnival cruise to Canada in August, or a 5-day to Bermuda in June. I have only cruised on Princess (4x), and only to the Caribbean. Can you give me some info/opinion please:

How would you rate Carnival v. Princess?

Would you choose a 5-day Carnival to Canada in August, or a 5-day cruise to Bermuda on Royal C. in June?

Any great points about Carnival to Canada, 5-day cruise in August?

Is there a deck on the Triumph that has larger balconies than other decks (Princess has one deck that has larger balconies than the rest).

Any and all info/opinions/ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank you!!! Have a nice day.

-Jess:confused:

Hi Jess. I have not cruised with Princess (I will in 2 months, yeah)! I have cruised Carnival to the Caribbean in a suite. I have cruised to Canada on RCCl and NCL in a balcony and suite. I have enjoyed all of the cabins and all of the ports. The suite and deck on Carnival was the roomiest.

I will say that Canada was very predictable and the very reliable, as far as weather. Obviously a much larger geography to explore. The possibilities of doing just about anything in Canada is inviting. We didn't go beach/swimming due to the time of year we visited. The leaves and their glorious colors were like a rainbow. Peggy's Cove was breath taking but I am not sure I would have ventured into the water. The Citadel was a very interesting excursion full of history. The shopping was similar to the US. The people very friendly, especially our driver. (We were greeted by the driver at the pier.) We hired a driver for four hours because my sister was very ill and in a wheelchair. He gave us a highlite tour and was just a pleasure. He treated my family as his own. I have his card somewhere, it was years ago, but I will never forget his kindness. It is the little things that make our time spent together so very special.

Bermuda was gorgeous but our cruise was cut short due to weather. The beaches on Bermuda are just spectacular, the area quite safe and the people are so friendly. I travelled solo through the streets of Bermuda , walked to a beach and then took a cab to another. I felt very safe and comfortable doing so. So, I look forward to returning to Bermuda.

I agree with the previous poster, it is all up to what you are looking for. A relaxing day at the beach (or a sea day, if weather is bad) or a big city adventure. It is a combination of many things, obviously. I hope this helped. I enjoy reading everyone's post and finding out something new all of the time.

Whatever your choice is have a wonderful time!!

Thank you very much for your input, and taking the time to respond.

You will love Princess - I have only good things to say about this line.

For this trip, half of us want to go to Canada, the other half to Bermuda. Do you mind a few more questions:

If we go to Bermuda, is June a good month to go? I know ships dock in 1 of 2 ports -- Kings Wharf and one other (can't remember the name now) - either better than the other. Or, both great?

Again, thank you very, very much!!

Have a nice afternoon.

Jessica

Hi Jess, I was in Bermuda early September, so I can't comment about any other month. We pulled into Hamilton and the dock is located downtown. It is so convenient to getting off the ship and just catching a cab and you are on your way. In fact during the last few hours of our trip I was running back and fourth to the ship and the shops for souvenirs for Mom and I. We had to leave abruptly because of a hurricane warning and we had to leave two days early. BUT our Captain somehow got us out of the way of the storm and into three glorious days of sun. I was so thankful to be on the top deck and just taking in the sunshine and views. Unfortunately the weather isn't always so kind. I haven't toured the other dock King's Wharf but my Mom did and she said it was very pretty and had great shopping. Good luck with the group decision.

Hi Jess, I was in Bermuda early September, so I can't comment about any other month. We pulled into Hamilton and the dock is located downtown. It is so convenient to getting off the ship and just catching a cab and you are on your way. In fact during the last few hours of our trip I was running back and fourth to the ship and the shops for souvenirs for Mom and I. We had to leave abruptly because of a hurricane warning and we had to leave two days early. BUT our Captain somehow got us out of the way of the storm and into three glorious days of sun. I was so thankful to be on the top deck and just taking in the sunshine and views. Unfortunately the weather isn't always so kind. I haven't toured the other dock King's Wharf but my Mom did and she said it was very pretty and had great shopping. Good luck with the group decision.

We sailed on the Triumph to Bermuda in June of 2002. The weather was beautiful although very humid. I will never again sightsee by scooter again though. That was very scary. :eek: I loved how the ship was docked in the same place for a few days...less stress when seeing the sights. I want to go back.

If we go to Bermuda, is June a good month to go?

Jessica

I think June is a great time to go to Bermuda. July and Aug. are hurricane seasons. In Aug. 1995 I was on NCL and we were supposed to go to Bermuda, but do to an impending hurricane, we ended up in Canada.

I've been to Bermuda since then, and it it is beautiful. Comparing Bermuda and Canada are like apples and oranges. The weather is different in each place, as are the activities to do there. Canada was definitely and older crowd as well.

Right now Carnival has good deals on 5 day sailings out of NY in July & Aug. Also, if you are looking into Bermuda, NCL has a special where the first and second guest spay regular fare, and third/fourth passengers in the cabin pay about $99 each. (You need to call to make sure that the special is still available)

Archived