Just back from Cayman and Capn Bryan Stingray city tour

lrcruising

We were in Cayman on Nov. 24 on the Grand Princess. We tendered into Cayman at 11 am and had to meet up with our tour at 12:15 LOCAL time. This is very important because they are Eastern time and the ships time and our watches were Central time. Since we had a little time, we had a snack at the English Bakery that is in front of Capn. Bryans. They have wonderful pastries!! We had a short van ride to where we met up with our catamaran. The catamaran was very nice and spacious. There was a videographer on board video taping the whole time. We had a 30 minute ride to stingray city. We were the only ones there except for 1 other boat. We had 30 minutes in the water and it was about waist deep. There were many stingrays. We have done this 4 other times and we have never seen so many. I think it was the fact that it was so uncrowded. We held the males and females, fed them and even kissed them, yuck! By the time we left, many boats were arriving. We then headed to an area called the aquarium for snorkeling. This was the best snorkeling we saw on the cruise. There were many colorful fish, moray eels, baby stingrays and beautiful coral. We had 30 min. to snorkel and then we hoisted the sail and came back. We had a little time to sample some rum cake and look in some shops before heading back to the ship.

Thanks for the review, lrcruising! I do have a question on the whole time issue. I'm going to be on the Grand in 2 weeks. Our itinerary says we will be there at noon, not 11. And our Capt Bryan's tour is supposed to start at 1:30 local time. If you tendered in at 11 and had to meet at 12:15 local time, how did that give you extra time to eat? I think I'm not reading this correctly, because it would seem to me that you would have only had maybe 15 minutes. Is that right?

Thanks so much for your help. I've been a little worried about the different time zones and don't want to miss the tour! It sounds like alot of fun.

I'd appreciate some input on the time issue as well. I am going on the Jan. 3 Voyager sailing.

If Grand Cayman is on Eastern time, what time is the ship on? If the ship is on Eastern then we have nothing to worry about. Because I always switch my watch to whatever time zone I am in.

I booked with Captain Marvin's and don't want to miss my excursion.

Also wondering. How was the shopping? Are many of the shops open now?

It is a little confusing. Our shore excursion was at 1, which is noon ship's time. If your Princess patter shows you arriving in Cayman at 10 am then it is 11 am Cayman time. So it is 1 hour later in Cayman than it is on the ship. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the review, lrcruising! I do have a question on the whole time issue. I'm going to be on the Grand in 2 weeks. Our itinerary says we will be there at noon, not 11. And our Capt Bryan's tour is supposed to start at 1:30 local time. If you tendered in at 11 and had to meet at 12:15 local time, how did that give you extra time to eat? I think I'm not reading this correctly, because it would seem to me that you would have only had maybe 15 minutes. Is that right?

Thanks so much for your help. I've been a little worried about the different time zones and don't want to miss the tour! It sounds like alot of fun.

If you email Capn Bryan about your time issue, they'll wait. We tendered in at 11 am Cayman time (10 am ship time). We were the first ones off the ship. So we had about an hour after the 15 min. tender.

Thanks for your detailed Captain Bryan's review. We're going in 2 short weeks (yeah!!!!) Just wondering if there was any shade on the cat. It might be nice for the way back.

Yes there is shade. You can either be up on the trampoline area and deck or in the back where it is covered.

I just read a Patters from one of the recent Grand cruises and it says that the ship changes it's clocks to match Grand Cayman time (eastern time) and then changes them back to Central time after that. So while you're in GC, the ship is on Eastern time, the same as GC. This Patters was from the week before you went. Did they not change the clocks on your cruise? Seems weird, huh?

Ok, never mind my last post. I just read another person's post where they said that the Grand has stopped changing their clocks to match GC's time. I'm not going to worry about it....Capt Bryan's has reassured me that they will wait for the Grand passengers.

Archived