4 females - 1 bathroom -Help!

nolaluv

I will be sailing on the Gem on 5/24 and sharing an oceanview with 2 teens and 1 other adult. I would like to know if the fitness center has showers available. I know the spa charges a fee to use their facilities, so that option is out. Any other suggestions would be appreciated and btw this was not my idea. We could have had two inside cabins for $120 more than we paid, but the other party needed a window.

i do not think the showers in the sauna or gym are for regular personal

use like the op intends-- why not just book an inside for your teens.

It is like staying in a hotel room with four with one shower--you need to make do or book another cabin.

Big Green

My only suggestion comes from these boards just before we had 3 women sharing an inside cabin several years ago. Bring one of those hanging shoe organizers or similar portable holders. They pack flat in your suitcase. Each person gets their own pockets for their make up, toiletries, etc. The rule is you only do in the shower and bathroom what must be done in there. The toiletries are hung on the hooks outside the bathroom so that all other preparations (make-up, hair, etc.) can be done out in the cabin. In searching for one of those hanging shoe organizers we found something very similar, but with larger pockets, that was designed for a children's room. It worked out very well for us. The key is everyone agreeing to cooperate. If you have a shower and/or bathroom hog, you will all be frustrated. Good luck. I think you'll have a ball!

You know I just don't think it is that bad to share a bathroom as long as there are agreed on bath times like two people in AM and two in PM. Of course I have been to the fitness area a few times to take that much needed shower when the BR was occupied. Of course I'm not one of those girley girls either, that have to spend a lot of time primping. Just get it done and get out. You can do the rest of the stuff in the cabin. Bring an extra make-up mirror.

i do not think the showers in the sauna or gym are for regular personal

use like the op intends-- why not just book an inside for your teens.

It is like staying in a hotel room with four with one shower--you need to make do or book another cabin.

Big Green

I would just head down to the spa are and use the showers in the sauna area. I have done it before last year on NCL and it was free. One benefit is they are a lot larger than the one in your cabin.

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I will try to implement the separate am and pm shower assignments as CC member Daring suggested. I am glad to know there are showers in the fitness and sauna areas as back up. I can breathe a little sigh of relief. :)

If you go for the shoe organizer, try to find one with clear pockets so that you can easily see what is in each pocket. Well worth the extra few dollars in my opinion.

The fitness center locker rooms had showers on the Pearl that were accessible without a spa pass.

I shared with 3 other women in '00 and two others in '04. No probs (but the organizer would have been great).

We had a routine - the quickest showered first, the primper last. This way the primper could take as much time as she liked and we each left the room when ready... giving the primper as much time as she liked to do her thing. The am/ pm thing wouldn't have worked because we'd all be just out of the pool or off the moped and need showers at the same time. Hidden silver lining was the primper took less time (probably 1/5th) than at home because we each left the cabin when ready (read that ravishing) with a 'meet you at such and such' so she hurried a bit (and looked great, of course) because she didn't want to miss anything. The other silver lining was the pajama party chatter when we each climbed into bed... somewhere between The Waltons and Gidget. It was great and we still laugh about it (and marvel) to this day.

I know the whole "over the door shoe holder" thing got started on here by somebody and it obviously took off, but they do have actual luggage type items - hanging, multi-pocketed, organizers for toiletry items, with ZIPPERS - so your things don't fall out. I have 3 of them myself and it works great for each person to have their own. I take mine into the bathroom when I go in, and bring it out when I come out. It hangs in the closet or on a hook or somewhere that there is space.

I would definately try something like that with 4 people. :eek:

Also, lots of people shower in the gym showers - so you can too!! ;)

I personally would have a hard time because I take about 3 showers a day myself.... :cool:

Good luck! Have a blast! Come back friends. :D

Archived