Pictures Please!! :)

BeachBum1007

We went to Sapphire last time we were in St Thomas and I didn't care for it. There was a big drop off as you entered the water and the shells/rocks killed my feet.

Previously we had only been to Meagans Bay where everything is smooth, so I wasn't prepared with water shoes etc.

Saw a lot of people snorkeling right off the beach, but for us it wasn't a good beach to just go in and swim....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Linda - your beach photos are awesome - thanks so much for sharing them....last time I was in St. Thomas we took the ferry to St. John but just walked around town, which was great by the way. But for our upcoming cruise stop in St. Thomas, we want to visit one of the beaches. Your photos are a great help!

We stopped at Holland America's private island once, Half Moon Cay... it was the absolute softest sand I've ever walked on...that's what I'm looking for!

Another question: are beach umbrellas available at any of the beaches or is it just chairs? And what about hammocks? I almost didn't think I was going to get my husband out of a hammock at HM Cay!!

• Administrators

Thought I'd add some Sapphire Beach photos so any future searchers can see them:

2144505870101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

Refreshment stand, plus lots of shade:

2014019290101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

2938102860101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

Near the shore was shallow enough for kids, but the snorkeling was pretty good not too far off shore. Beach snorkeling isn't my favorite (I prefer snorkeling from boats) but here it was pretty good.

2605381540101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

Next time in St. Thomas we'll probably head over to Trunk Bay, but we really enjoyed our afternoon at Sapphire.

We did the Trunk Bay excursion on our honeymoon and it was fantastic! Very pretty, just ask the pictures show! We can't wait to go again in Feb. 2010 for our 5 year anniversary. Watch out for the flirty lifeguard.;)

Location. C’est Blue enjoys a beautiful setting on one of the finest lots within the exclusive Virgin Grand Estates. It is located 600 feet above the Caribbean with wonderful views of Hart Bay, Chocolate Hole, Great Cruz Bay and many distant islands that float in a sea and sky of blue. A private, dead-end road leads to C’est Blue and in this fashionable neighborhood of pricey homes, and this setting retains a peaceful quality. From early morning to sunset the sun sweeps across your horizon and provides you with an ever-changing panorama of color and beauty. This is definitely a sun lover’s location, but if you prefer, the spacious verandas, pool and totally air-conditioned house provide plenty of places for sun-free relaxation. The south/southwest orientation also means gentle, cooling breezes and best of all, some of the best sunset views on the island. About a half-mile below you lay the restaurants, beach and fitness room of the Westin Resort, while the restaurants and shops of the fascinating village of Cruz Bay are a 10-minute drive, entirely on paved roads.

Archived