Bermuda Day

coolaide

We are sailing from Boston to Bermuda, on the Spirit, on May 22nd. We will be there for Bermuda Day. Has anyone ever been in Bermuda on that day? What kinds of things did you do?

I posted this on another site and was told what went on, but I would like to hear from someone who has been there for Bermuda Day.

Thanks!

Docked in St. Georges early on Bermuda day several years ago on the Crown. Went to beach, a few shops were open. Supposedly there are sailing boat races, a parade and fireworks, too, but as we were in St. Georges, we didn't take any of those in.

The big event will be the Bermuda Day parade through Hamilton on the afternoon of May 25. It usually lasts 2 - 3 hours. Note that some roads in town will be closed, so getting around will be difficult.

There are sailing races that weekend, the most popular being the Bermuda Fitted Dinghy races in St. George harbour on May 24.

Most stores will be closed on Sunday and Monday. Buses will be running on a holiday schedule. Also expect the beaches to be busy because that weekend is the official start of summer for Bermudians.

There are better weekends that you could choose to come to Bermuda, but I'm sure you'll have a good time while you're here regardless.

Thanks for the info! We will be ported at Bermuda past the weekend, so we should be able to hit the shops.

Sylvia, I'm a bit new to this, how do I go over to the roll call board? I will search a bit, maybe I will figure it out before you read this.:p

Good morning, just click on BOARDS at the top of the screen scroll down and select ROLL CALLS. Scroll down and select your sailing by date. You should see all our roll call information. Hope this helps. Counting the days. I hope the some shops are open as well, but I am sure there will be plenty to do no matter.

Sylvia

Archived