Copala Mountain Tour

sprender

I did the copala tour through vista tours two years ago. It was the highlight of my trip. They take you to a bakery in a tine town called Malpica. Buy the cinnamin buns there. They are the best in the world. Different from our cinnamon buns, but oh so good! They stay pillow soft for days. I loaded up on these babies and used them for snacks. During the tour you normally stop a Daniel's restaurant for lunch. This is good downhome authentic Mexican food! Then there is their banana cocnut cream pie! I don't even like coconut and I really liked this! Copala and San Sebastian are really a true feel of the real Mexico. You will learn much and really get some great photo ops and insights!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to flavor the taste of the real Mexico, go on the copala tour. You see the old Mexico out there. Cattle donkeys, roosters, it is like we imagine mexico like. I second the comments about Daniels pie, it is great. We have done this trip thru the ship and it is ok but the last times we did it with mazatlan frank and it was 100% better. He takes you to more places that we saw on the ship tour. Just google him to find an adress to write. So whoever you decide to go with, take this tour. You will love it!

Louis

We did it thru the ship and felt ripped-off. The brick making was lame, the furniture "making" and "carving" was non-existent -- no one was doing anything, the guide was constantly mis-stating things, we were told we'd be left behind if we weren't back on the bus in 10 MINUTES, 10 MINUTES. We were constantly being RUSHED, and it turns out we missed several things that were listed for this tour. We had 15 minutes TOTAL in Concordia, just enough time to walk to the church and look at it, then walk back to the bus. But the guide certainly made sure we had PLENTY of time to talk about Diamonds International, hand out DI brochures, then go to Diamonds International after we got back to Mazatlan (and circle thru the Golden Zone in a big circle in order to go back to pick up the guide, which took about 15 mins). Several of us were annoyed enough to complain to the Shorex desk onboard, so perhaps the tour HAS been improved.

I worked it out -- we had 15 mins in Concordia, 1 hr 10 in Copala, and an hour in and driving around Diamonds International. And we PAID for that!

It was great to see the Sierra Madres, and I'd go back, but I'd want Mazatlan Frank or another guide -- NOT the ship tour.

We agree with a bit of all. We did it years ago. The tour was a great way to see the countryside culture. The mountainous copala area was great. The concordia area was ok. The furniture and brick making was mildly interesting, but it appeared they were paid actors, not working craftsmen. A good tour to see a variety of the countryside.

Copala

Copala.jpg

Archived