Ebanks watersports- Pay in full before you go?

courtneyMC

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had problems getting emails back from Ebanks Watersports?

I'm hesitant to book online to pay the full amount, I thought I'd heard you could just put down a deposit. Am I incorrect on that?

I can book online, but have not gotten a reply to my note about if there's another way to reserve.

Just wondering what other people have experienced in booking them?

I know I could call, but I saw someone else's report that it was something insane like a $25 3 min phone call so I didn't want to do that.

Should I just go ahead and book online and not be so worried? I guess I can dispute the charge with the credit card if something goes wrong!

thanks for the advice.

We booked this tour and I was concerned about this as well. We booked for our group and the total cost was almost $900 so I emailed Ebanks and asked them how the deposit works. This is Shawn's reply.....

Hey ____,

I just sent you your reservation info and I now have your cc info with your confrimation #****.

There will be no charge to your card and when you get here you can split the payments up if you like.

Have a nice cruise,

Shawn Ebanks

I checked my cc statement and there are no charges. Sometimes it took a day or two to get a reply, but I always got one.

We booked this tour and I was concerned about this as well. We booked for our group and the total cost was almost $900 so I emailed Ebanks and asked them how the deposit works. This is Shawn's reply.....

Hey ____,

I just sent you your reservation info and I now have your cc info with your confrimation #****.

There will be no charge to your card and when you get here you can split the payments up if you like.

Have a nice cruise,

Shawn Ebanks

I checked my cc statement and there are no charges. Sometimes it took a day or two to get a reply, but I always got one.

Just to clarify, did you make your reservation online? It looked like a regular 'shopping cart' transaction which is why I assumed the credit card would be charged.

I'd appreciate the info, thanks!

I emailed Ebanks with our request and they reserved the waverunners for us but we then had to go to the Ebanks website (link provided) and enter our info in the shopping cart. I didn't want to enter the info into the shopping cart before I knew if they had space available. This is the email response I recieved after our first email.

Hey _____,

I now have you booked for 6 waverunners our 9am tour for May 6, 2009. Pick up time is at 8:30am Cayman time and we meet at the Hard Rock Cafe just walking distance from where you get off the ship. You can't miss it.

We also require a credit card to hold the reservation for you and you can click the link below to enter your info at our secure shopping cart. Nothing will be charged in advance. (please bring your credit card with you the day of your tour)

=

Thanks for booking with Ebanks Watersports,

Shawn Ebanks

P.S. Remember you have to get down to the loading area early to get on the first tenders to shore.

thanks for the clarification! They must be really busy with spring breakers right now b/c I'm not getting emails back, but enough people have praised them I'm willing to take a chance.

did you have any problem getting there on time? we're going to be on the Freedom of the Seas, what ship where you on?

I don't remember how I originally contacted them....It might have been through the "contact us" tab on the webpage. Then I just replyed to their emails. I don't think I used the webmail address at first.

We haven't gone yet. We'll be on the Liberty of the Seas in one month. At first we booked the 11 am tour with 4 jetskis and then we had two more friends want to join in. Shawn emailed me back saying that they didn't have any more jetskis available for the 11 am tour but said that he did for the 9 am tour. He said that if we're on one of the first tenders off the ship then we'll make it on time. He gave me his cell phone number to contact him if there is a problem.

We booked Ebanks for next week (April 7th) on the Ruby Princess. We are confirmed for the 9am tour and received the same confirmation email as NavigatorBride, when I get back I'll write how it went. I've heard nothing but great things about it though.

We booked Ebanks for next week (April 7th) on the Ruby Princess. We are confirmed for the 9am tour and received the same confirmation email as NavigatorBride, when I get back I'll write how it went. I've heard nothing but great things about it though.

Dizzkitty, that would be great if you could write a small reivew. What time is your ship in port? I'm a little worried about getting off the ship on time!

Dizzkitty, that would be great if you could write a small reivew. What time is your ship in port? I'm a little worried about getting off the ship on time!

We are getting into port at 7am so that'll give us 2 hours to get off the ship, I've never had a problem in the past getting off the ship. As long as you are one of the first to get off you will be fine I would assume. :)

Archived