Freedom dining aboard Ventura

bobarnie

I can do this one!

That's a "no". However, people report only very short or no waits for the size of table they want, so it's not needed.

You can pre-book the speciality (cover-charge) restaurants. These can fill up quickly, however.

The fact that I know all this without having been on the bloody boat yet is actually a bit sad, isn't it............

I can confirm what somewheresoon has said. There was no issue with us getting a table last November for Freedom Dining. Only once did we need a pager and even then it went off less than 10 minutes later.

The secret is to time your visit to Freedom Dining in between the shows i.e. not at the Club Dining times (either that or go very early - it opens at 6pm). It also helps if you don't mind sharing a table with other people. We did and we had some really good tables.

My other top tip is to go the early show (about 7pm). It is the least popular so you can always get a seat. The third performance was always standing room only we heard.

I hope that helps.

Eddie :)

To be honest we heard very good reports about the freedom dining, we were on 2nd sitting club and often had to wait 10 - 15 minutes for the dining room to be prepared. It did not bother us at all but I gather the wait for freedom was never more than this amount of time.

I can confirm the 1st show is very quiet, you can just walk in and get a seat.

Chris

You should also note that freedom only applies to the evening meal. You can also use the Safron restaurant (waiter served) for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea as this is open to all at those times. You just get seated as you arrive and never have to wait. Alternatively you can join the bun fight in the self service.

Brian

You should also note that freedom only applies to the evening meal. You can also use the Safron restaurant (waiter served) for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea as this is open to all at those times. You just get seated as you arrive and never have to wait. Alternatively you can join the bun fight in the self service.

Brian

Thanks for this info. Are you saying that for breakfast and lunch we can eat in any restaurant we choose ?

Thanks for this info. Are you saying that for breakfast and lunch we can eat in any restaurant we choose ?

Yes, any that is open. The Saffron is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and I believe the Bay Tree is also open for breakfast only. The Cinnamon (freedom) is only open in the evening. The Waterside/Beachouse (self service) is open 24 hours although sections close down at quiet times. It does get busy at peak times though and finding a table is sometimes difficult. There is never any problem in getting a table in the Saffron.

There is also a themed buffet (Chinese, Italian, Indian etc) each evening in the Waterhouse and also an American Diner with waiter service for steaks, grills etc on a first come first served basis.

There is also Frankies Pizzeria for pizzas, burgers, chips etc.

In addition to all the above "free" places, there is Ramblas (Spanish) East (Oriental) and Marco Pierre White restaurants, where a supplement is payable. There are usually special prices for dining early. One thing is for sure, you will not go hungry.

Suggest you try out the afternoon tea at 4pm in the Saffron. Many people do not realise how good it is til later in the cruise and it then becomes popular.

Opening times are given in Horizon, the daily information sheet that is delivered to your cabin each evening. You need to read it carefully to decide what you want to do the following day

Brian

Yes, any that is open. The Saffron is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and I believe the Bay Tree is also open for breakfast only. The Cinnamon (freedom) is only open in the evening. The Waterside/Beachouse (self service) is open 24 hours although sections close down at quiet times. It does get busy at peak times though and finding a table is sometimes difficult. There is never any problem in getting a table in the Saffron.

There is also a themed buffet (Chinese, Italian, Indian etc) each evening in the Waterhouse and also an American Diner with waiter service for steaks, grills etc on a first come first served basis.

There is also Frankies Pizzeria for pizzas, burgers, chips etc.

In addition to all the above "free" places, there is Ramblas (Spanish) East (Oriental) and Marco Pierre White restaurants, where a supplement is payable. There are usually special prices for dining early. One thing is for sure, you will not go hungry.

Suggest you try out the afternoon tea at 4pm in the Saffron. Many people do not realise how good it is til later in the cruise and it then becomes popular.

Opening times are given in Horizon, the daily information sheet that is delivered to your cabin each evening. You need to read it carefully to decide what you want to do the following day

Brian

Cheers Brian , sound like I will need to go on a diet when I get back.

Archived