Packing for baby in diaper boxes?

gagirl2006

Hi,

I think I've read here that some people will pack food items, etc. in a diaper box and just put a luggage tag on it? Is that correct and ok to do? I hope so because I think it is a great idea since I won't be bringing most of what I pack for him home with us!

We cruise in 3 weeks! Yay!

Thanks!

That's what I've done on every cruise. Just make sure anything messy is also closed up within a plastic bag in case it breaks - the last thing you want is to be without diapers because something messed them up during luggage transfers.

Best,

Mia

Thanks! I think it sounds like the easiest thing to do. I think I'll keep the diapers in a box by themselves and then all of the food, etc. in a box alone. I'm planning on over packing just in case,,,,a whole box of diapers, a big bag of wipes, two cans of formula.......I'm a little anxious about having everything!

Us too! I take one pack of diapers out and pack it full of wipes, bibs, baby food, bottles, formula etc. Its always arrived at the cabin with the rest of the luggage. I of course make sure to pack enough in a carry on to last us through the day.

• 4 weeks later...
How would this work if you are flying? Would you still pack a diaper box, tag it, and check it with your regular luggage? We're flying BOS to FL

No way! Not unless EVERYTHING is bubble wrapped or every food item was in plastic containers. Luggage handlers at airports totally abuse the luggage, throwing it all over the place. I suggest you purchase what you need after you land. THEN, tag it and check it on board.

Archived