2 Formal nights on Carnival?

peppymom98

Are there 2 formal nights we're on an 8 day cruise? I am set for one formal night so far. I bought a cocktail dress. Are both nights equally formal- I'm going to need another dress unless I wear a black dress I wore to my nephew's wedding. It's also not a gown but dressy. My DH can use his sports jacket for one and a suit for the other night. I may be rambling here so sorry for that LOl

Yes there are two formal nights on an 8 day cruise with Carnival.

A little black dress should be fine for a formal night on Carnival. I've been reading that Carnival tends to be a bit more laid back. I am going on my first Carnival cruise in May so I will get to see.

Are there 2 formal nights we're on an 8 day cruise? I am set for one formal night so far. I bought a cocktail dress. Are both nights equally formal- I'm going to need another dress unless I wear a black dress I wore to my nephew's wedding. It's also not a gown but dressy. My DH can use his sports jacket for one and a suit for the other night. I may be rambling here so sorry for that LOl

Those should be fine on Carnival! (Dress code has been changed to Cruise Elegant.) Have fun!

As cascole said, it has been changed to Cruise Elegant Night on Carnival.

So both dresses that you have mentioned are fine.

In general more people will dress up on the first Cruise Elegant Night - which is usually the second night.

People are very excited to have the first full day on the ship at that point!

That would be the time for your husband to wear the suit, and you to wear the fancier cocktail dress.

The second Cruise Elegant Night would be the night to wear the others, as it will be usually the second to last night, and everyone will be much more relaxed by then.

Don't forget to take advantage of the wonderful Carnival photographers and get some pictures of you and husband dressed up!

Enjoy!

Archived