A/V plugs on TVs?

noahsdaddy561

I just got off the Grand and we had one of the new flat panels. I took a pic of the rear since I'd seen this question come up before. It looks like you've got HDMI, VGA, composite, S-Video, and component inputs.

3393326575_e3a293cd03_b.jpg

While the rear of the flat screen TV on the Crown was as in the pictures above it is different from the ones on Ruby. It is very difficult to plug anything into the connections since they fice downward and a hand mirror would help. They have about any type of connection you might want to use. I used the HDMI connection to view the HD video I had taken. Here are pictures from the Ruby during the March 14th crise. Notice that they don't clean the back of the TV very well as it was very dusty. On the ship with older TV's we have found them to have the A/V connections on the front of the TV.

1803587819_RubyTVRear.jpg.3e2e001590408f6147fe580dd244bb66.jpg

619321440_RubyTVConnections.jpg.95454b4f843e93b0ae639999d478b8ba.jpg

I am constantly amazed at all the photos that some CC members take in order to keep the rest of us informed! :D

Yes, this last cruise my DW said I looked like a spy the way I was taking pictures of the back of the TV. It was very difficult to get the pictures since the TV will not move and you have to reach behind and take the picture blind. I do take the pictures to be able to answer questions for people and when possible show what they are asking about.

Archived