Carnival Pride or Legend?

new-to-cruise-02

Still trying to convince DH to take our (then) 2 year old on a cruise, and trying to choose which one. I like the Legend itinerary and freestyle dining. Pride leaves from Baltimore so we could avoid flying and drive to the port.

If we went on Pride, I'm not that interested in the ports - don't know if we would get off the ship. Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

Legend - Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. The ports interest me more, but I'm not sure what we would do with our two year old - and not sure we want to travel with a carseat (or take our DS in transportation off the boat without it).

So - which ship/itinerary would you choose and why?

Thanks for any/all advice. I'll be using it in my case with DH to convince him that a cruise would be a great vacation with a 2 year old :)

If it matters, we'd probably be going on the 7/24 (Pride) or 7/26 (Legend) sailing, and we'll definitely get a balcony cabin.

We're going on the Pride in May with a 3 and 5 year old. Driving to port is a huge benefit!!! The itinerary does not include what some deem as exciting ports but on the flip side I think beachy type ports are perfect for families traveling with young kids.

At 2 your son will get to enjoy all the activities in Camp Carnival. The Pride is also starting Freestyle dining. Cruising is a great way to travel with kids. Eat whenever, play whenever, go back to the room and nap whenever.

Archived