Please post your planned itinerary....

hz6pl8

Hi, We are sailing on the 4/18 POA, two kids 10 and 13. and I am looking for additional suggestions for our itinerary.. any ideas?

What are your plans? Trying to balance siteseeing with activities that kids will enjoy... not too much driving for kids. Have cars booked for all islands.

What did your kids enjoy the most???:)

Pre-cruise Oahu: Arrive Wed. 3:00pm HHV, Pool, Dinner at Roys

Pre-Cruise Oahu: Thurs. Up early, Diamond Head Hike, Drive North Shore, Dole Plantation, PCC - Dinner and Show?:confused:

Pre-Cruise Oahu: Friday - Hawaii Fire Surf School, Hotel pool resort relax

Cruise : Sat - Hanauma Beach snorkel, Blowhole, Lanaki Beach, Pali Hwy - 2:00 checkin cruise - get off boat for few hrs Chinatown, lei's

Sun Hilo - Car rental - VNP? unsure?

Monday- Maui - Iao Valley, Kanapalli Beach, Old Lahaina Luau

Tues - Car rental -Road to Hana?:confused:

Wed - Kona - Captain Zodiac - car rental beach and coffee farm

Thurs - Kauai - Blue Hawaiian Helicoper - car rental drive North shore

Friday - Waimea Canyon and Poipu beach

Saturday - Easy fly for bags - flight at 4:00 Pearl Harbor with everyone else???:D

I would definitely recommend VNP, it was SO amazing and I think it is a great fun and educational experience. It also makes seeing the lava that night even more amazing. If you want to avoid too much car time, I would not suggest the Road to Hana. We did not do it, but given the short time we had I was glad we did not. First day Maui we did Blue Water Rafting Express Molokini snorkel, it was one of the most amazing things we did on our cruise. Then we drove to Lahaina. Second day we did Haleakala Bike Tour. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this one if you want an adventurous ride, but it was actually pretty relaxing and very pretty.

In Kona we enjoyed driving to Place of Refuge, Painted Church, and Greenwell Farms coffee tour.

I would personally rather do Pearl Harbor on my own rather than in a group, and going in the group has no advantage in terms of wait times or price. Parking is free, and it is very easy to get to from HHV. If you like your plans for pre-cruise and really want to do it on Saturday when you return, you can rent a car through Thrifty HNL airport location and the shuttle will pick you up at the dock and then drop you off at the airport when you return the car. If you get up and off the boat early you would have time for Pearl Harbor.

We will be sailing August 8th. There are 8 in our party: MIL, FIL, husband, myself, 4 kids (17,16,7 & 5). We have a car booked in all ports.

Arrive Fri. (we will be staying a week post cruise)

Maui: Haeakala sunset, Maui Ocean Center?, PWF snorkel. Explore.

Hilo: VNP

Kona: Dolphin Quest

Kauai: Kipu ATV tours, deep sea fishing. Explore.

On Oahu we will: PCC, PH, Dole, Shark Dive. Explore.

Enjoy your trip! You only have a few weeks to go!

Let me see if I can remember what struck me when I read your post.

1) If possible I would go to Hanauma Bay snorkeling other than a Saturday. It will be so crowded and they actually 'count' and limit the number of people at one time. We did a Hawaiian cruise roundtrip out of LA last year on the Diamond Princess and did not get to take our friends there as we were in port the one day it was closed. Beautiful snorkeling though.

2) We did not get to overnight in Maui on this cruise, but it looks as if you are. You need to take the road to Hana the first day you are there. It is very long, winding and tiring. We would never have risked it on a day when the ship was departing. Once again it is great and your kids will love the seven pools at the end (at least I think it is seven).

Archived