Where are all the recent 9 day Jewel cruisers?

We are leaving for the nine day Jewel cruise on Friday and was wondering why no one (as I can see) posted any reviews, or stories, from the recent 9 day Jewel cruise that ended this past Sunday?

Did you have a good time? Was there anything you didn't like? What did you do? Who was the Cruise Director? And on and on and on. Come on people...I need news. The anticipation of my cruise is killing me and I need a quick fix now!!

Thanks.

I just got back from this cruise yesterday, after a 1 night post-cruise stay in Miami Beach. I was too tired to even attempt to post any kind of review yesterday.

First, let me say we had a fantastic time. The Jewel is a beautiful, spotless ship. This was definitely an older crowd than I've experienced on our other 7 day cruises but still a lot of fun. We met some great people through our Roll Call - be sure to go to yours.

The CD is Rich from Canada, Asst CD is Richard from Australia. If you see Marissa, tell her Laura & Lindsay missed her on the last night and didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

I'm not the biggest fan of the food in the main dining rooms but for the most part it was ok. We ate in Cagney's, Mama's, Le Bistro & Chin Chin's. We have always liked Cagneys and this time was no exception. The service was outstanding and the food delicious. We'd never eaten in Chin Chin's before and were very pleasantly surprised. Try as many appetizers as you can, they were great. Although at home I'm not a fan of buffets, I really like the one on the Jewel. If we ate breakfast or lunch, it was always in the buffet. We went there for dinner a few times too. Twice we had freshly made dessert crepes - yummy. I love pretzel rolls and ate way too many. The only problem with the buffet is that someone in your group has to hold the table and since there was only 2 of us, my DD & I pretty much ate in shifts.

The only shows we saw were Second City (which I hated; boring) and the Crew Show & Fountains (which I always enjoy). I heard from other cruisers that the hypnotist and a capella singing group were very good. We've seen Cirque Bijou before so opted to get a good seat for Quest instead. Turns out we didn't need to get to Spinnakers early since it wasn't crowded at all.

If you have any specific questions, just ask and I'll try to answer them as best as I can. I can understand your excitement, you have a wonderful cruise ahead of you.

We also just returned from the Jewel. The only big disappointment we had was the entertainment. We are used to seeing the Broadway-style shows and there was not many of those. the Cirque Bijou was good and the rest we either did not care for (comedians, jugglers, Country Western show, hypnotist, ...) or did not go to. The ship was in great shape for being 3.5 years old. The layout of some of the areas...like bars and clubs were mainly in open areas.....we prefer a more defined separate area....but they were still okay.

We met alot of people from our Roll Call and advise anyone cruising to visit theirs. It is alot of fun to have get togethers with others you have been posting with on the board.

We were on this same cruise Mar.6-15. We had an awesome time! My husband and I are 45 and our kids that went along are ages 24,22,and 17. I must say i agree that the crowd on this cruise was much older! We saw alot of people that were even in wheel chairs. My son who is a senior in college and was looking for some spring breakers only found a handful. We still had an Awesome time as a family. We loved the ship! All our meals were delicious and the islands we visited were Awesome! We went with the ships excursion at the Dominican and went to Cayo. Lev. We loved this day at their beautiful island. We rented kayaks and just enjoyed the day on the beach. At B.V.I we went to the Baths. We walked a short distance and road a water taxi to the "Baths". This is a must see place! The water taxi was 30.00 a person and to get into the park is 3.00. In Antigua we took a taxi for 3.00 a person and went to Dickensons beach. We road horses and rented jet skis. This beach was absolutely beautiful and one of our favorite stops! Barbados we went on a catamaran through Shasa Catamarans. We swam with sea turtles and had a wonderful lunch off a beautiful beach. I would recommend them to anyone! St. Lucia we were disapointed! We were to do the pitons through the ship and when we got to shore we found out it was cancelled due to the catamaran being broken. We grabbed a taxi instead and went to Reduit beach. OMG! We were hounded by venders to rent their chairs, jet skis ect... One guy was trying to sell my 17 year old marijuana! I thought the beach was nice but those venders would not leave you alone! I think we could of went somewhere much nicer. I hope you guys have as much fun as we did with our kids! This is the first time we ever did a trip like this. They all loved it and are talking about our next one!

Hi Laura - did you take an iron or was one available to check out? I have read conflicting opinions on this one. What excursions did you take? We leave Friday.

You aren't supposed to bring irons onboard so I brought a steamer but never used it; I must have packed really well this time :p I read somewhere that you could request an iron and they would bring one to your room for a short time.

The only NCL excursion we took was the Everglades tour on disembarkment day. In Samana, we took a Casa Dorado excursion to Playa Rincon (I wouldn't recommend it); in Barbados, we took the Glory tour; didn't get off the ship in Antigua;in St. Lucia, we took a Cosol tour. If you can possibly do it, don't miss going to Jalousie Beach in St. Lucia. I felt like I had been dropped in the middle of Fantasy Island; the area was spectacular.

NCL is discouraging handing out irons and boards now. Bring Downy Wrinkle Release or a travel steamer. Or run the shower and steam up the bath room with your clothes hanging inside. Maybe you aren't packing correctly, here is a video showing how to pack your bag as a bundle.

Archived