Speaking of dining times (Glory)

Lady_Jag

Hi!

I'm confirmed for early seating on the Glory (yay!) which, according to the Carnival web site, is at 6:00pm. However, all the reviews of the Glory I've read mention one dining room opening at 5:45pm and the other at 6:15pm. Has this changed?

No big deal either way. I'm just curious.

Hi, We just got off the Glory on Saturday 3/27-

We had 6pm dining and they did not open the doors for us until EXACTLY 6pm on the dot. We were in the Golden Dining room, which is the smaller of the two, so not sure if that made a difference or not-

Hope that helps!

Hi, We just got off the Glory on Saturday 3/27-

We had 6pm dining and they did not open the doors for us until EXACTLY 6pm on the dot. We were in the Golden Dining room, which is the smaller of the two, so not sure if that made a difference or not-

Hope that helps!

It does help. Thanks so much! :)

So how fabulous was your cruise? I can't WAIT to go!

Yes, it has changed. They're condensing into 2 dining times versus the 4 they've had in the past....fleetwide, I believe, probably in preparation of "Your Time Dining" they're rolling out. Early (6:00) and late (8:00).

Mine is confirmed to for the Splendor..."

empty_pixel.gif LATE DINING 8:15 PM (CONFIRMED)

Lets see how many of the panic-ers post now...LOL :p:rolleyes:

Hmmmm...could be bc it's a different class of ship. Maybe they're sticking with the 4 because there are more passengers? Or maybe their "early" is the 6:15, and their "late" is 8:15? Lots of explanations for that.

I just answered on this thread because since I'm sailing on the Glory, I've asked this question of my PVP and know the answer to the ship-specific question she asked.

Hmmmm...could be bc it's a different class of ship. Maybe they're sticking with the 4 because there are more passengers? Or maybe their "early" is the 6:15, and their "late" is 8:15? Lots of explanations for that.

I just answered on this thread because since I'm sailing on the Glory, I've asked this question of my PVP and know the answer to the ship-specific question she asked.

It probably does differ from ship to ship....has the change gone fleet wide yet???

:D

It probably does differ from ship to ship....has the change gone fleet wide yet???

:D

It has gone fleetwide, and it is the same on all ships. The 2 dining times for traditional are 6:00 PM (early) and 8:15 PM (late). The ships that have anytime dining, you can arrive between 5:45 and 9:30 PM.

It does help. Thanks so much! :)

So how fabulous was your cruise? I can't WAIT to go!

The Glory is a nice ship. Very big. I have sailed on Victory and Disney's Magic & this was the biggest. I think I prefer the smaller Victory- but Glory is well maintained & lots of great clubs/bars.

We did Western & it was nice! The wind was up all week though and the ship rocked like crazy all 7 days! But we still had a blast.

Food was GREAT! As were the drinks of the days!

Also, way easier heading out of Port Canveral vs. Miami!

Enjoy!

Archived