Is there anything in walking distance from the port?

kermiefrg

In the immediate area of the port there is a lot of shopping - primarily jewelry, perfume, and duty free liquor.

The Cayman Islands National Museum is also right in the heart of the downtown waterfront at the corner of Shedden Road and Harbour Drive.

If the extra time that you have is in the morning, keep in mind the local time....both times I have been there, it was like 6 am local time and not much is open. So be prepared that many stores wont be open when you first get to port. I think there were a couple SMALL shops open, I got a T-shirt right off the bat last time, but for the most part we walked around and picked out places we wanted to check out after our excursion when they were open.

There are all kinds of shopping there and also Margaritaville is right there too! FYI - the shops have a lot of nice things for sale, BUT they definitely aren't as cheap prices as Cozumel, Bahamas, etc.

Sue

Archived