Is there a shopping area that you would recommed...

kermiefrg

YOu will find those rum cakes in almost every shop (other than like jewelry stores). YOu can even buy them on the ship if you should miss out on getting them on shore.

The entire port area is full of shopping of all sorts!

There actually is a Tortuga Rum Cake shop within (short) walking distance of port. You would be more apt to get "fresher" ones there than at other stores. Also, they would have more different flavors too! I seen a posting sometime back that someone bought one on their ship and it was "outdated"! So where ever you decide to purchase, make sure you check the dates on them. I will be visiting the Tortuga Rum Factory on our excursion next month, you can bet I will be purchasing at least 1, they are awesome!

Sue

There actually is a Tortuga Rum Cake shop within (short) walking distance of port. You would be more apt to get "fresher" ones there than at other stores. Also, they would have more different flavors too! I seen a posting sometime back that someone bought one on their ship and it was "outdated"! So where ever you decide to purchase, make sure you check the dates on them. I will be visiting the Tortuga Rum Factory on our excursion next month, you can bet I will be purchasing at least 1, they are awesome!

Sue

I am looking at the Port Guide and recommended stores map of Grand Cayman that I got last year and there is actually 8 Tortuga Duty Free Liquor stores in the area across from the cruise terminal..so you will have not have any problems fining rum cake.. they come in 7 flavors and are very good..you can also get a blackbeard brand rum cake but tortuga was my favorite

Every where you go they have samples for you to try..even on the ship.

Archived