Ventura and smoking

bobarnie

Can anyone tell me in what areas am I allowed so smoke on Ventura. I know none of these will be indoors.

Starboard side outside and on balcony, if you have one. As you say, nowhere inside

Brian

Guys, I smoke cigars, which are particularly annoying. I'm one of those conscience-stricken smokers that can't enjoy getting cancer if I think someone else is. Do people generally smoke freely on balconies, or is there an etiquette about it (DOES ANYONE MIND IF I SMOKE? HEELLLOOOO? HI YOU NEXT DOOR....MADAM PUT SOME CLOTHES ON) that sort of thing?

MADAM PUT SOME CLOTHES ON) that sort of thing?

I believe you are allowed to smoke a cigar naked if that is what turns you on. I was once on an outside deck downwind of a cigar smoker. Not to be recommended.

When is your next cruise?

David.

Oh well.

Can't smoke, but a good chance of a snog with LL.

Frankly, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Only kidding - I only snog on a second cruise..............

OK. best that I shut up now.......

Indeed!! LOL

It,s about time smoking became completely band from all ships.

After All every other form of transport is smoke free.:)

yes, and narrow minded people

and obese people

and common people

and children

and and and

It is not a form of transport, it is a cruise holiday. You can not drink on some forms of transport so would you want them to ban booze ?

I'm not a smoker nor my husband, but hey, its not just a form of transport its a holiday home for 1 or 2 weeks or even 2 or 3 months on a world cruise... be fair!:rolleyes:

Now I have every one,s attention. May be we can have a serious debate.

Has any one been sitting on deck when suddenly the person next to you

lights up regardless of which side of the ship there on.And you know

how long it takes to find a lounger.O.K fare enough smoke in your cabin

smoke on the balcany,but please have courtesy for your fellow cruiser,s.

I found Ventura to be very good as a non smoker. You almost did not notice anyone smoking. There is one part of the ship under the balcony near the toilets by the Laguna pool, where there are tables for people to eat. There were ash trays on these tables so smoking was permitted but, it was the only part of the ship where the smell of smoke was noticeable.

If your a non smoker Ventura is great, and to be honest I found there to be very few smokers on board anyway, I think in the next 100 years smoking will be almost completely iradicated from society as people realise the effect of it, so I could see it being banned totally from cruise ships one day.

As for the person before who said lets ban drinking and fat people etc... non of the things in your list effect "other" peoples health and well being. I am not against smokers having their own area even if it is indoors, just so long as it does not effect those of us who do not wish to partake in smoking. I am sure smokers would be offended if someone spat on them and thats not even the same, you cannot get cancer from spit.

Smoking is legal and smokers should have the freedom to smoke its their own personal choice, just as long as it does not effect the rest of us.

Chris

I found Ventura to be very good as a non smoker. You almost did not notice anyone smoking. There is one part of the ship under the balcony near the toilets by the Laguna pool, where there are tables for people to eat. There were ash trays on these tables so smoking was permitted but, it was the only part of the ship where the smell of smoke was noticeable.

If your a non smoker Ventura is great, and to be honest I found there to be very few smokers on board anyway, I think in the next 100 years smoking will be almost completely iradicated from society as people realise the effect of it, so I could see it being banned totally from cruise ships one day.

As for the person before who said lets ban drinking and fat people etc... non of the things in your list effect "other" peoples health and well being. I am not against smokers having their own area even if it is indoors, just so long as it does not effect those of us who do not wish to partake in smoking. I am sure smokers would be offended if someone spat on them and thats not even the same, you cannot get cancer from spit.

Smoking is legal and smokers should have the freedom to smoke its their own personal choice, just as long as it does not effect the rest of us.

Chris

I think most people would rather smell a bit of smoke than have a person spit in their face to be honest but I agree with your other views.

I think most people would rather smell a bit of smoke than have a person spit in their face to be honest but I agree with your other views.

I agree with you completely. I was just using it as a way to illistrate my point.

But then ask the question if you were dying of lung cancer caused by passive smoking would you rather people had spat at you rather than blown smoke at you.

Chris

I agree with you completely. I was just using it as a way to illistrate my point.

But then ask the question if you were dying of lung cancer caused by passive smoking would you rather people had spat at you rather than blown smoke at you.

Chris

Do you know of anyone who has had lung cancer and it was 100% proved to be caused by passive smoking and passive smoking alone.

Archived